Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 04:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Please post a link that says she has 60 days to apply after bringing firearms into the state.

I've looked and can find nothing that allows people to pack for 60 days before applying for a permit.
Why don't you post the link where it articulates the law for applying for a permit in Mass when someone moves from another state. After all, you're so sure you know the law with your silly proclamations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 04:13 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Actually, there is depending on when this all started. She started at Harvard on September 4. That would put 60 days at about November 3rd. That's assuming her first day of residence was Sept. 4.
No that is not evidence, she could have brought that gun much later. Maybe she moved that gun from Alabama in October or even November?

Old 12-04-2018, 04:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Really, 6k/month for rent on an apartment?

I can get a nice house in Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Central Florida for 1/6 of the amount.
Perhaps, but your commute to Harvard would really suck.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:19 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Well under this definition, she could easily use 2) since the roommates disclosed a private fact (her gun ownership) to other parties. This was not very hard, at all, but I'm sure with a good lawyer, she could find ways on definition 1), and 3) as well.
Since she was out of state, not sure how 1) would apply.

As there was no false light, and she's the one who has made it public, not the the roommates, the others are out as well.

Be pretty strange trying to claim invasion of privacy when she's the one doing the invading.

They told their landlord, which is what one should do if there is a problem that could result in one or more of the tenants leaving.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
No that is not evidence, she could have brought that gun much later. Maybe she moved that gun from Alabama in October or even November?
All fair points which is why I worded it the way I did. We are assuming facts not yet in evidence on some of this

Old 12-04-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Did you even bother to read the timeline of what went on?

Old 12-04-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Why don't you post the link where it articulates the law for applying for a permit in Mass when someone moves from another state. After all, you're so sure you know the law with your silly proclamations.
Sure.

https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-fo...rearms-license

Nothing in here says anything about a 60 day grace period.

Did you read this somewhere? If so, please post link.

Or did you just pull this out of your .... hat?

Old 12-04-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Actually, there is depending on when this all started. She started at Harvard on September 4. That would put 60 days at about November 3rd. That's assuming her first day of residence was Sept. 4.
She likely moved to Massachusetts at least a few days before the start of classes.

So even if there is a 60 day grace period, which at this point we have no idea if that is even true, she's gone past that.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:41 AM

From what I've read, she agreed to move out then changed her mind in October.

I'm wondering if she found it difficult to find new roommates and thus changed her mind about moving out.

I suspect finding new roommates may be a challenge, but who knows. Surely, there are other pistol-packing MAGA types in Massachusetts.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
She likely moved to Massachusetts at least a few days before the start of classes.
That is what I suspect and I suspect she had her guns with her. I can't find confirmation online. I looked up her name and the headlines from all the right wing news sites are outlandishly misleading. A few are along the lines of "Harvard asked to move out of apartment because of MAGA hat." SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies