Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 12:53 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,189 times

Advertisements

OK folks, let's get the facts out, you know, the way folks like to throw jabs at 45, yea, yea, I know, nothing proven, just fake news

Take 41 for an example, where was the me two movement when he asked unsuspecting women what his favorite magician was, as he grabbed their behind and said copp-a-feel during a photo shoot, there was no accountability that I know of.

And 42...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 01:02 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
OK folks, let's get the facts out, you know, the way folks like to throw jabs at 45, yea, yea, I know, nothing proven, just fake news

Take 41 for an example, where was the me two movement when he asked unsuspecting women what his favorite magician was, as he grabbed their behind and said copp-a-feel during a photo shoot, there was no accountability that I know of.

And 42...
Well, did the women in question decide to press charges? I believe Bush Sr. admitted to it and apologized. What more can be done? Do you think the U.S. government itself should have brought a case against him?

Old 12-01-2018, 01:04 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, did the women in question decide to press charges? I believe Bush Sr. admitted to it and apologized. What more can be done? Do you think the U.S. government itself should have brought a case against him?
And at his age, I would think he had diminished mental capacity and really didn't know what he was doing.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't know if the women openly complained or not, what I do know is those gross, unlawful acts were handled like a hot potato with very little media coverage.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:15 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
I don't know if the women openly complained or not, what I do know is those gross, unlawful acts were handled like a hot potato with very little media coverage.
Seriously? There was a TON of media coverage. I just googled it right now and the amount of links about the story is significant. It was on the mainstream news for several evenings. You've just forgotten. Or you think it needs to run for months or something. The women complained, it was reported in many places at numerous intervals. If it doesn't go to court, how long should it stay in the news? What would make you happy?

Old 12-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Your right, I don’t recall the many indecent liberties being on the front burner of the media.
If there was that much attention, one would think Gloria or her daughter would have jumped into the ring.
After reading about the inappropriate touching, it appears this has been going on for many years, one wonders, what else was going on, perhaps behind closed doors.Sixth Woman Says George H.W. Bush Groped Her When She Was 16 | Time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies