Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:49 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,806,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Earth's climate has been changing non-stop for about 4.5 billion years now, and these people want to fight against that.

What a bunch of fools.
Hey! They're just trying to contrive a, um, a control system, that's all.

What do you think religions were contrived for anyway?

So, what's it going to be, tithes or taxes?

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-02-2018 at 12:10 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
What is "consumption"?? ...are you saying we consume more CO2 than we emit?

Global warming is only about CO2 emissions....global warming does not care how much money a country makes..or it's population...only how much CO2 that country puts in the air

China has increased their emissions so much, it no longer matters what we do.....just 12 years ago, China had the same emissions as the USA...in just 12 years, China now emits twice as much CO2 as the USA

...and if anyone is stupid enough to believe...with all the corruption in China...that China could come even close to estimating what their real CO2 emissions are

No other country has reduced their CO2 emissions as much as the USA...that's a fact

USA emissions are back to 1991 levels....CO2 was ~350 in 1991....left up to the USA CO2 levels would be back at 1991 levels.....a drop of 50ppm....back to 350ppm

It's no longer a USA problem....the USA has done more than any other country...signing some stupid agreement.....when it's all the other countries that have done nothing

Pay them for what?? More fun filled vacations to discuss what they are going to do?

The only thing they agree is the vast majority of countries are "developing" and they get paid to increase their CO2 emissions

They don't even believe this crap...if they did, they would actually do something about it

https://counterview1.files.wordpress...ng?w=499&h=282

https://4k4oijnpiu3l4c3h-zippykid.ne...o2-720x513.png
China was a bicycle only country, until Nixon showed up.

You cut cell phone usage down, and I'll show you a significant reduction of emissions.

A 30s circa conservative told me that the cheapest form of transportation is . . . shoe leather!

Gotta go - I'm about to drive 5 blocks/clocks over to where I,m about to work.

I ain't about to be driven by my shoes, neither!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-02-2018 at 12:14 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 12:01 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,681,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
China was a bicycle only country until Nixon showed up.

You cut cell phone usage down, and I'll show you a significant reduction of emissions.
Amazing how fast they ditched those bicycles when they could finally access cars.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,417,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Exactly. He is pleasing the people who voted for him instead of appeasing those who hate his guts.
Glad its down to a 1 percent base. Finally.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:13 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,417,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You have a point, and it's a good one. Climate change happens. Some is man-made, some will happen anyway. This is one reason I wish environmentalists would focus a bit more on one thing I believe we can all agree on: clean air and water are good, toxic air and water are not. The fact that we may not be able to control the climate is no excuse to poison the planet.
^This.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:14 PM

34,109 posts, read 18,354,105 times
Those 19 governments want more tax revenue, and more control of the populace. That is all man made climate change is about. Nobody, but the Chinese, Indians, and Russians and some other countries are environmentally irresponsible. The U.S. has some of the most stringent environmental laws on the planet. It is not US that is polluting the world.

You should know that Cat.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Amazing how fast they ditched those bicycles when they could finally access cars.
They threw their Red Books away, too!

Old 12-02-2018, 01:51 PM

46,177 posts, read 26,838,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
19 of 20 World Leaders Just Pledged to Fight Climate Change. Trump Was the Lone Holdout.

Trump is not alone in this position. Probably 60% or more of Republicans in the US also have doubts, due to the dis-information campaign largely funded by the Koch brothers (and pushed by popular pundit-commentators like Rush, Glenn & Sean). What makes Trump, the pundits and the other Republican leaders different from their base is that most of them know that human influenced global warming is actually real, and they are perpetrating the lies for political-economic reasons.

"Grant me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Augustine of Hippo

The reality does not change, people (regardless of what they wish to believe) will be harmed by this. The legacy of ...
[1] opposing efforts to reduce carbon and methane emissions,
[2] obscuring the science and perpetuating doubts about the science, and
[3] refusing to even make practical plans for the changes we are facing
... will stick with the Republicans and damage the Republican party long term (even for a multi-generational era), and this stubborn opposition to concerted world efforts by Trump we are now witnessing (in real time) will be regarded as a political crime against humanity.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the koch brother are responsible for the "hockey stick" lie? Yes, when data like this is proven to be completely wrong, yet the left runs with it....why should anyone have doubt?

Old 12-02-2018, 01:57 PM

46,177 posts, read 26,838,919 times
How did it start....(not sure the order...)

Global cooling

(in-between) the Polar bears are going to die...........................

Global warming

bahhhhhhhhhhhh, screw it....

CLIMATE CHANGE....yea, that's it....now we can cover everything, even if we have no clue what we are talking about...

Old 12-02-2018, 02:01 PM

18,614 posts, read 7,454,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It doesn`t take much to please low info bigots.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute what President Trump said here, but I hate it anyway. So I'll attack the American people instead, call them names, and insult them instead, and hope somebody believes me somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Well, what can you do.. Republicans avoid science like its poison.
Conspiracy theories and Christianity are their only beliefs..
Look, there goes another one!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies