Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 10:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Elizabeth Warren Stands by DNA Test. But Around Her, Worries Abound.

Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities. Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apol

All of this is nice, that they all understand she messed up big time on this.

They are focusing on the DNA test. How about this...

Can you liberals simply call her crazy or a flat out liar for perpetuating the idea that she is Native American? That's the real issue here. The poor judgment to follow through with this whole DNA test was icing on the cake.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-06-2018 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Let it go. Warren has no more chance of being the Dem nominee in 2020 than you do.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
I think she has destroyed her chances of rising further in politics.
There are simply too many Democrats running for President and she has provided them with enough ammunition to prevent her from getting the nomination.

Right now, I am thinking if Biden runs, he will get the nomination. Maybe even the Oval Office.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:22 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Who cares about any of this beside the far right? No one.

Good grief, we have real problems to worry about these days. Your obsession with this inanity is beyond ridiculous.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:23 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
The market is tanking, people close to Trump are flipping, the Saudis are gruesomely murdering US residents while the President lines his pockets with their money, the national debt is hitting record highs, North Korea is building nukes, etc. ... and you're worried about how much Native American heritage a Senator that doesn't represent your State has because she was listed in a yearbook as a minority 2 decades ago. I can only shake my head.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:24 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Let it go. .
They can't.

With their dear leader Trump being closed in on by multiple investigations, Trump supporters have to distract themselves with other "big news" stories, like the DNA make-up of a democratic senator LOL.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Elizabeth Warren Stands by DNA Test. But Around Her, Worries Abound.

Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities. Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apology.

All of this is nice, that they all understand she messed up big time on this.

They are focusing on the DNA test. How about this...

Can you liberals simply call her crazy or a flat out liar for perpetuating the idea that she is Native American? That's the real issue here. The poor judgment to follow through with this whole DNA test was icing on the cake.
Why would it matter? We've had whites pose as black to lead chapters of the NAACP. We have men posing as women and vice versa.

All of her big government policies stink but she gets called out on appearance? nice lol

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-06-2018 at 02:13 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Good grief, we have real problems to worry about these days. Your obsession with this inanity is beyond ridiculous.
Quote:
Let it go. Warren has no more chance of being the Dem nominee in 2020 than you do.
why not whine to the new York slimes? it's their article.

apparently nyt is 'far right' these days

Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The market is tanking, people close to Trump are flipping, the Saudis are gruesomely murdering US residents while the President lines his pockets with their money, the national debt is hitting record highs, North Korea is building nukes, etc. ... and you're worried about how much Native American heritage a Senator that doesn't represent your State has because she was listed in a yearbook as a minority 2 decades ago. I can only shake my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
They can't.

With their dear leader Trump being closed in on by multiple investigations, Trump supporters have to distract themselves with other "big news" stories, like the DNA make-up of a democratic senator LOL.
The truth hurts. I understand.

You're right it's not a big deal, so what. The NY Times thought it was.

Apparently it's big enough for all of you to take note and make an effort to poo-poo it...

In fact - I didn't post the most relevant parts of the article. Here's one...

In interviews, several progressives wondered if Ms. Warren’s decision to take the DNA test was indicative of a larger problem for several prospective presidential candidates: that their inner circles of advisers don’t reflect the racial diversity of the Democratic electorate.

I'm surprised they even admitted that one. As much as they rail against Republicans not representing diversity, here they are admitting that they don't represent diversity themselves.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:34 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The truth hurts. I understand.
Yes, I'll be humble and admit you got me. Honest truth? I will be devastated if it turns out Elizabeth Warren isn't %0.025 Native American. I will be absolutely devastated.

Truth hurting goes both ways, though. So if you get a little grumpy when Mueller, SDNY, and New York State investigators close in on Mushroom Donny, we'll understand.

Stick around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies