Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the FCC clamp down on provocative lyrics?
Yes, it is way past time to do so. 10 16.13%
No, but reinstitute moderate, voluntary controls along the lines of the Hays Code. 2 3.23%
No, leave the lyrics and entertainment industry alone. 49 79.03%
other (please explain below). 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:24 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLHSlExFis

Above is a video of "God is a woman" by singer Arianna Grande. It's been a smash hit, and is played constantly. Just a few seconds into the video, you can see that she is basically nude, with what appears to be only body paint covering strategic areas.

The lyrics are basically a thinly-veiled metaphorical paean to the sex act. Not to mention a thinly-veiled Arianna.

lyric excerpt:
Quote:
Baby lay me down and let's pray
I'm telling you the way I want it, how I want it...

It lingers when we're done
You'll believe God is a woman...
All of this is available unrestricted to teenagers and even small children. I am no prude, but at some point too much is enough. We're sending the wrong message to young women. It is quite a sexist, objectifying message as well. It is doubtless offensive to many religious believers.

Tipper Gore took on this issue years ago, and people laughed at her. It turns out she was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipper Gore
As parents and as consumers, we have the right and the power to pressure the entertainment industry to respond to our needs. Americans, after all, should insist that every corporate giant - whether it produces chemicals or records - accept responsibility for what it produces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 06:27 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
.......why don't we burn books while we are at it ?! I mean really is this a serious thread? Have you ever herd "Rap Music before"?

Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
F*** no.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
....i'm starting to see a very obvious trend here with these scripted threads...and it's none other than furthering division between both parties.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
....i'm starting to see a very obvious trend here with these scripted threads...and it's none other than furthering division between both parties.
I'm seeing a trend of posters who believe themselves to have psychic powers, in particular the ability to read minds and motives over the internet.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:37 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLHSlExFis

Above is a video of "God is a woman" by singer Arianna Grande. It's been a smash hit, and is played constantly. Just a few seconds into the video, you can see that she is basically nude, with what appears to be only body paint covering strategic areas.

The lyrics are basically a thinly-veiled metaphorical paean to the sex act. Not to mention a thinly-veiled Arianna.

lyric excerpt:

All of this is available unrestricted to teenagers and even small children. I am no prude, but at some point too much is enough. We're sending the wrong message to young women. It is quite a sexist, objectifying message as well. It is doubtless offensive to many religious believers.

Tipper Gore took on this issue years ago, and people laughed at her. It turns out she was right.
Ever hear of Britney or Christina or Mariah or Miley or.................Madonna ? Checkout their stuff and get back to us.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:37 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
How about this? People who want to listen, can. And people who don't want to listen, don't. Everyone wins.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.......why don't we burn books while we are at it ?! I mean really is this a serious thread? Have you ever herd "Rap Music before"?
Yes, and a lot of that rap music is not allowed over the public airwaves due to language. The song I posted is.

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Quote:
I'm seeing a trend of posters who believe themselves to have psychic powers, in particular the ability to read minds and motives over the internet.
It's almost like a poster's history speaks for itself.

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
I can read minds and motives.

It's from listening to the White Album backwards numerous times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies