Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are hate crime hoaxes, hate crimes themselves?
Yes: these hoaxes are often crimes that target specific groups for shame, harrasment, or intimidation 17 70.83%
Kind of: it shouldn't be a hate crime, but should be prosecuted more aggressively 2 8.33%
No: I don't see a connection 2 8.33%
Really No: If anything prosecute these hoaxers less so as to not discourage real hate crime victims from coming forward 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:31 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Supposed "hate crime" is nothing more than criminalizing a person's thoughts or beliefs. There should not be any hate crimes. Prosecute people for encroaching upon the rights or property of another. Do not even try to prosecute a person for their beliefs. To do so tells me you presume to have a right to say what a person may think or believe. This concept goes against a person having natural rights including the right to own their body and mind. In order for a "hate crime" to exist, the person proclaiming the hate crime is also proclaiming ownership in another person by denying them their natural right to thought and beliefs.

Hate is NOT a bad thing. I hate Hitler. I hate Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Che, etc. I hate islam because it is a set of political laws disguised as a religion which tells its believers they can kill or enslave anyone who isn't muslim. I hate statists who insist on imposing THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society and upon me, be they statists from the left or statists from the right. My hate, in every instance I mentioned is well thought out and justified because in each case the people mentioned have sought to or are actively seeking to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon others.

I don't care if a person hates [insert race, religion, gender, sexual preference or ANY other nonsensically protected class here] they have a natural right to hate anyone they want for whatever reason they want. What they do NOT have a right to do is encroach upon the rights or property of another. If they do, prosecute them for that crime of encroachment NOT for their thoughts or beliefs.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 06:02 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Supposed "hate crime" is nothing more than criminalizing a person's thoughts or beliefs. There should not be any hate crimes. Prosecute people for encroaching upon the rights or property of another. Do not even try to prosecute a person for their beliefs. To do so tells me you presume to have a right to say what a person may think or believe. This concept goes against a person having natural rights including the right to own their body and mind. In order for a "hate crime" to exist, the person proclaiming the hate crime is also proclaiming ownership in another person by denying them their natural right to thought and beliefs.

Hate is NOT a bad thing. I hate Hitler. I hate Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Che, etc. I hate islam because it is a set of political laws disguised as a religion which tells its believers they can kill or enslave anyone who isn't muslim. I hate statists who insist on imposing THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon society and upon me, be they statists from the left or statists from the right. My hate, in every instance I mentioned is well thought out and justified because in each case the people mentioned have sought to or are actively seeking to impose THEIR will, beliefs, morality and dictates upon others.

I don't care if a person hates [insert race, religion, gender, sexual preference or ANY other nonsensically protected class here] they have a natural right to hate anyone they want for whatever reason they want. What they do NOT have a right to do is encroach upon the rights or property of another. If they do, prosecute them for that crime of encroachment NOT for their thoughts or beliefs.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
This used to be ideal that Americans would strive for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies