Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:17 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Even if Trump+Cohen knowingly committed a crime in coordination, he is a terrible person. As Trump's personal advocate, he should have recused himself, advised him a better legal alternate, or at the least not ratted on him when caught with your pants down. Yes, he is a terrible person and a rat for precisely this reason.
So:
  • Two crooks working in concert. One an attorney and one now president.
  • The now president knew he was hiring another crook as an attorney. That's WHY he hired him.(What was he to do after the infamous Roy Cohn thoughtlessly up and died.) He just wants a LOYAL crook. In his frame of reference: Crook=good. Disloyal crook=bad. (Just don't be expecting that loyalty to be a two-way street when the heat is on him.)
  • The attorney crook is now in trouble for his illegal misdeeds and he may save some of his bacon if he does the RIGHT thing and tells the whole TRUTH. Including that about the second crook. That makes the president crook very unhappy because his trail of misdeeds which he has LONG gotten away with are under scrutiny. And because he hates the TRUTH. It has never been his friend.
  • Crook 1 spills the beans on Crook 2. How awful! One crook telling the TRUTH about the ILLEGAL activities of another, along with his own. A time-honored tradition.

What is that verse that's been around for quite some time? NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES. Or crooks. How shocking!

NOT!

Old 12-03-2018, 03:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
The purpose of attorney/client privilege is for the client to be comfortable disclosing information (which may or may not be illegal) to their attorney. There are a number of of exemptions but committing illegal acts is not one of them.

And none of this changes that if you, as an attorney, rat on your client, you're now the scummiest of scum.
Cohen was the scummiest of scum BEFORE all this. Donald likes to associate with the scummiest of scum.
Nothing has changed.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:05 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat, you can look up rat in the dictionary and you will see his face.

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.
Probably the last worry on Cohen's mind is whether he might get sued for whatever money he has left.

His bigger worry is retribution from the Russian Mafia, especially if he does not go into some sort of witness protection program. He was in deep with them and if you know anything about the Russian Mob, they never forget a slight - much less a rat. Amazing thing is that with all the scum connections that Cohen had - Trump though he'd make a good personal attorney. Says a lot about him.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:16 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Cohen was the scummiest of scum BEFORE all this. Donald likes to associate with the scummiest of scum.
Nothing has changed.
Trump was looking for the scummiest of scum to be his personal fixer,
he paid this guy lots of money to fix whatever scum rose up behind Trump.

We don't really need to know anything else about the guy that lots of Americans thought
very fit for the office of president of the United States of America. He and his family is Scum but
it seems like a lot of people do not mind.

It tells you that a lot of Americans have a skewed view of what is right and wrong and
currently the whole word is having to pay for those crazy Americans that thought Trump
fit to be president.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:26 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Reality-you have no clue what you're talking about and you're being made out a fool by people smarter than you are.

Another reality-what I said will go over your head, because of your limitations.
I would say that smart people would notice that this is an example of Trump and his "best people" as well as a look into the health of Trump's personal and professional relationships. And they would deduce that his "best people" aren't........... and his personal and professional relationships poisonous.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:34 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
C&C, this was a perfect choice of words. That's exactly what Trump wants: People to submit to his bullying approach. And, yes, with Trump's demand for one-way unreciprocated loyalty, he expects his minions to lie on his behalf.

I'd posted this previously:

After FBI Raids,Trump’s Punching Bag Suddenly Has Clout
By Maggie Haberman, Sharon LaFraniere and Danny Hakim

For years Mr. Trump treated Mr. Cohen poorly, with gratuitous insults, dismissive statements and, at least twice, threats of being fired, according to interviews with a half-dozen people familiar with their relationship.

“Donald goes out of his way to treat him like garbage,” said Roger J. Stone Jr.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/u...ael-cohen.html

Old 12-03-2018, 04:34 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
  • ... he may save some of his bacon if he does the RIGHT thing and tells the whole TRUTH.

trump is currently attacking cohen for coming forward and telling the truth* and praising roger stone for not coming forward with the truth. this doesn't surprise me on trump's part but what does surprise me is that evangelical christians still give trump their absolute support. this is the antithesis of one of the very core beliefs of christianity and yet...... here we are.

* ( it's already being supported by revised statements from russian officials and i do believe it will be supported by the evidence when released )

Old 12-03-2018, 04:40 PM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Cohen is trying to save his own a-s from a life behind bars.....simple as that. As a known liar, unless there is specific corroboration of his claims, nothing that he says can be trusted to be the truth!

Old 12-03-2018, 04:43 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Probably the last worry on Cohen's mind is whether he might get sued for whatever money he has left.

His bigger worry is retribution from the Russian Mafia, especially if he does not go into some sort of witness protection program. He was in deep with them and if you know anything about the Russian Mob, they never forget a slight - much less a rat. Amazing thing is that with all the scum connections that Cohen had - Trump though he'd make a good personal attorney. Says a lot about him.
I'd bet good money that Cohen got the go-ahead from the Russian mafia.

Kremlin news sources are now badmouthing Trump. It's as if they've given up all hope on him doing anything about the sanctions.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
LOL, the man who campaigned partly on the whole law and order scheme, seems to want law and order, for everyone but himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies