Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 12:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times

Advertisements

Trump: Michael Cohen Should Serve ‘Complete Sentence' (Trump has no business commenting on the case, and his anger because Cohen did not stay silent and cover for him... is nothing but a mob like madness of a man who thinks he's dictator of something, trying to assume everyone should cover for him)

I hope Cohen "tells everything" and present all the papers, tape recording and connect all the dots to all the criminal acts that Trump, His Kids and Kushner's have done over the decades.

Now, that Cohen is absolutely certain of what kind of "monster" he once pledged himself to, and how Trump will do anything against and unto anyone, who does not submit, pander and cover for him.... Cohen now can speak freely and tell it all.

Spill it all Cohen, and provide a list of names and how they are connected, and expose all the tax scams on him, the son's, the daughter, the mob ties and the money washing, and the strong arm tactics and acts that have been done.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:15 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Yep, more witness tampering from the NO-IQ-MORON!

Old 12-03-2018, 12:17 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat, you can look up rat in the dictionary and you will see his face.

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:24 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat,

attorney/client privilege is waived if an illegal act is being committed.

Quote:
I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.

that used to be cohen's job.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
attorney/client privilege is waived if an illegal act is being committed.
The purpose of attorney/client privilege is for the client to be comfortable disclosing information (which may or may not be illegal) to their attorney. There are a number of of exemptions but committing illegal acts is not one of them.

And none of this changes that if you, as an attorney, rat on your client, you're now the scummiest of scum.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat, you can look up rat in the dictionary and you will see his face.

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.

So....more obstruction? Got it.

Reality-Cohen will not get a reduction in his sentence for things that arent corroborated by other evidence. And he appears to have delivered. Lets just watch.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Reality-Cohen will not get a reduction in his sentence for things that arent corroborated by other evidence. And he appears to have delivered. Lets just watch.
Reality-you have no clue what you're talking about and you're being made out a fool by people smarter than you are.

Another reality-what I said will go over your head, because of your limitations.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
so some of you think that trump is pushing cohen to lie fo rhim, or is it that cohen is being pushed to lie for muller? cohen has admitted to lying to congress, is it possible that he is not testilying for muller to try and help muller get trump?

this is normal procedure for many prosecutors, to get someone to flip on others, even if they have to suborn perjury.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:00 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so some of you think that trump is pushing cohen to lie fo rhim, or is it that cohen is being pushed to lie for muller? cohen has admitted to lying to congress, is it possible that he is not testilying for muller to try and help muller get trump?

this is normal procedure for many prosecutors, to get someone to flip on others, even if they have to suborn perjury.
As a number of people have already pointed out, no seasoned prosecutor like Mueller is going to accept what Cohen is saying without objective evidence to corroborate his story.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:31 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
The purpose of attorney/client privilege is for the client to be comfortable disclosing information (which may or may not be illegal) to their attorney.

correct.

Quote:
There are a number of of exemptions but committing illegal acts is not one of them.

wrong.

ABA Model Rule 1.2(d) precludes lawyers from counseling or assisting in a client's criminal or fraudulent conduct.

if a lawyer ignores this rule the right to client/attorney privilege is voided.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...privilege.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies