Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 04:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Attorney George T. Conway III, husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, referenced the federal statute most likely to create legal liability for Trump: 18 U.S.C. §§ 1512, which outlines the crime of witness tampering.
Tampering with a witness is obstruction of justice.

It’s a federal crime for an individual to intimidate, threaten or “corruptly persuade” another person with the goal of influencing or preventing his or her testimony.
Trump

Hopefully the THUG-SCUM is finally going to pay the consequences for all his lies!

Old 12-04-2018, 04:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Good luck proving that one.
You'll get your chance in 2020 to vote him out.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Attorney George T. Conway III, husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, referenced the federal statute most likely to create legal liability for Trump: 18 U.S.C. §§ 1512, which outlines the crime of witness tampering.

It’s a federal crime for an individual to intimidate, threaten or “corruptly persuade” another person with the goal of influencing or preventing his or her testimony.
Trump

Hopefully the THUG-SCUM is finally going to pay the consequences for all his lies!
Given that Cohen recorded phone conversations and Cohen and Manafort's lawyers are not bound by privilege if they were conspirators in committing a crime, it may not be all that difficult to obtain evidence on this.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:16 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
To indict president trump, you would first need to impeach him and convict him in the senate, and I doubt anyone will bother over vague obstruction statues. So you guys are wasting your time barking up that tree.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Good luck proving that one.
You'll get your chance in 2020 to vote him out.

LOL,Fortunately America won't have to wait that long, the ORANGE SUBHUMAN will be gone very soon!

Old 12-04-2018, 04:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
LOL,Fortunately America won't have to wait that long, the ORANGE SUBHUMAN will be gone very soon!
Orange subhuman.... colorful description this morning...

If only we could wager on this one. In all honesty I see the likelihood of Trump getting impeached at less than 50%/50%. And if he does get impeached, I see a 10% or less chance that the Senate actually convicts him. Same as what happened to Bill Clinton. Impeachment does not equal removal from office unless the Senate goes along.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
To indict president trump, you would first need to impeach him and convict him in the senate, and I doubt anyone will bother over vague obstruction statues. So you guys are wasting your time barking up that tree.
You do know that one of Nixon's three articles of impeachment was obstruction of justice, correct?

The other two were abuse of power, and contempt of Congress.

Nixon resigned when he was informed there were the votes, including Republican votes, in the Congress to impeach and convict him.

Not saying that the House will impeach Trump. Though there are certainly grounds to do so, it seems more strategic to investigate thoroughly for the next two years.

Not saying the Senate would convict. Republicans may continue to stand by their leader even as the evidence piles up against him. Putin appears to be abandoning Trump, but Republicans might hang in there until the bitter end and personally, I hope they do.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Thats all I hear..."Just wait, he will be gone soon".

Old 12-04-2018, 05:12 AM

This week ought to move things along.

Today team Mueller is scheduled to file the plea deal sentencing memo for Flynn.

On Friday, team Mueller is scheduled to file a sentencing memo for Manafort. Presumably, this will cover what Manafort was lying about when he violated the terms of his plea deal.

Also on Friday, team Mueller will file the sentencing memo for Cohen which should cover the various lies Cohen told to protect Trump.

News outlets are reporting that these fillings will be made public.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:16 AM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

Trump

LOLOLOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....The experts have been wrong for over the last 2 years....yet here you are still hanging on every single word...keep it up, your D-O-I-N-G a G-R-E-A-T job for the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies