Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2018, 05:58 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
There are still 3 investigations continuing! Flynn has NOT yet been sentenced!
This is about Mueller's suggesting leniency for Flynn because of his very substantial help!
So this whole thread is about a suggestion? SMH, I'll check back in with you guys in a couple of years once we get through this whole hope and change period you are currently under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 06:04 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So this whole thread is about a suggestion? SMH, I'll check back in with you guys in a couple of years once we get through this whole hope and change period you are currently under.

LOL, well there is this~ "As for the specifics of Flynn’s assistance, Mueller writes that he has “participated in 19 interviews” with either the special counsel’s office or attorneys from other Justice Department offices, as well as providing “documents and communications.”

The article has a lot of interesting info.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:24 AM

59,057 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
First off, Mueller is quite happy with Flynn’s cooperation — happy enough to recommend that he serve no prison time. (This is a notable contrast to the positively scathing memo Mueller’s team wrote about George Papadopoulos, in which they said he did not provide “substantial assistance” and complained that he talked to the press.) read the rest here...…...
4 takeaways from Mueller

The Judge sees all the info that is redacted for us.

Being the FBI, on more then one occasion said they did NOT believe Flynn lied, he will be pardoned, IMO.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 AM

59,057 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Sum up means summarize. Not copy the whole dang thing.

And Vox tends to write things based on their opinions, so you're not likely to find their same points in other articles, which is why I didn't bother looking, and why I didn't bother clicking. Basically, just wondering if they have any valid points for a change.

"And Vox tends to write things based on their opinions", and who do you read that you think DOESN'T?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:34 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Those who assert that Flynn managed to escape any serious punishment, ought to take into consideration, that even if Flynn is never incarcerated, and for the sake of argument pays $0 in fines, and isn't sentenced even to community-service, well, even then, he'll have a federal felony record for the rest of his life. To a professional, especially one used to government service, being saddled with such a record is far more grievous than spending months (or even years) in prison.
I am trying to understand your logic.

If he was sent to prison he would also have a felony record. You are saying having a felony record and not going to prison is worse than having a felony record and going to prison?

Flynn will no longer be working in any capacity for the federal government. If that was so important he would not have been involved in all the stuff that landed him in trouble in the first place. At this point he can work as a consultant for any number of entities and make way more money than he did with his previous government jobs. He can also cash in with a book deal which I am sure is in the works.

There is always room at the table in DC for people like him. In DC having no conscience and doing anything for a buck are good qualities, he has them. He even got his son involved in this illegal stuff which is about as low as you can get.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-05-2018 at 06:43 AM..

Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Nothing to do with collusion. Same as Manafort and that lawyer guy. No collusion so far. The more they look the less they find.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
LOL, well there is this~ "As for the specifics of Flynn’s assistance, Mueller writes that he has “participated in 19 interviews” with either the special counsel’s office or attorneys from other Justice Department offices, as well as providing “documents and communications.”

The article has a lot of interesting info.
So in other words, we know nothing about anything at this point besides speculation? They are not or will not release findings to the public? Do we have a time frame for the investigation to be completed? Have they at least released a timeline or is this going to take a lot longer?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And Vox tends to write things based on their opinions", and who do you read that you think DOESN'T?
Jack London...

Old 12-05-2018, 06:42 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Being the FBI, on more then one occasion said they did NOT believe Flynn lied, he will be pardoned, IMO.
Pardoned only means he will not serve the full term of his sentencing. It does not mean he is not guilty. Whatever it is that he is accused of and sentenced for if anything, will still be on full display for everyone to read and discuss.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:45 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Most news services, actually. Major news services may report events with their own bias, but they don't make things up out of thin air. As someone else noted, Vox is the left version of InfoWars. It sounds like they've taken Mueller's suggestion of leniency for Flynn, and created some fantasy as to what it means for the Trump presidency. But just as I don't go to InfoWars for my news, neither will I click on that link in the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies