Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For those of you saying he only lied, and what he lied about was legal (aside from Turkey):

Do you not wonder why he lied then? Usually it is because the truth would lead to other things, that aren't legal.

Though lying is enough, and the Turkey part he did illegally (from what I understand).
The Tip of the Iceberg theory almost always holds true. Odds are that he was compromised many times during that "33 years of great service to his country" - he just wasn't caught.

I remember protesting when my Dad punished me...saying I didn't do the thing he was punishing me for. "Well, this is for all those times I didn't catch you then" was his answer. How true!

Drug smugglers online have admitted that 1,000 our of 1,000 packages they send through the mail (heroin, coke, pot) have made it. So if they get caught.....they probably only did the same crime a couple thousand times (note - I'm not a drug war guy, but it's an example of human behavior...people like Flynn don't go bad instantly when they rub against Trump. More likely he was picked because he was bad).

Isn't there some kind of a saying like "I hope there is justice in the next world because there sure ain't any here".....???

Ah, found it "Justice? -- You get justice in the next world. In this one you have the law.' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 07:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You guys said that about Pdop.
He plead guilty and served prison time.

Refresher?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...p-charges.html

Old 12-04-2018, 07:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For those of you saying he only lied, and what he lied about was legal (aside from Turkey):

Do you not wonder why he lied then? Usually it is because the truth would lead to other things, that aren't legal.

Though lying is enough, and the Turkey part he did illegally (from what I understand).

Actually negotiating a lowering of sanctions is a violation of the Logan act. However, its hard to know if a prosecution would survive constitutional challenge as no one has been charged with it before. So his motive to lie may have been to avoid being charged with that crime.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:18 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Same was said about the Papadapalous dude, he flipped, was wearing a wire, etc. He got 14 days and was uncooperative with Mueller.

A lot of jumping to conclusions here.
Papadopoulos also got a year's probation and has to do community service.

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So, Flynn walks.

Nothing. This whole investigation is turning out to be a complete disgrace.
I hope you remember this statement next week, you are in denial. He could have easily put him away for a decade yet you seem to believe this amounts to nothing.

37,186 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
The reports are just coming in and I'm sure there will be a ton of commentary coming up soon. But what does it mean?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...o-jail-n943446
That means very, incredibly, deeply, bigly bad news for Donnie. If Mueller is recommending no jail time, that means Flynn buried Tweetie Pie up to his fake hairpiece.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:19 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
I think it is a little too early to tell what this means for Trump-Russian collusion and a lot of people are seeing what they want to see in it.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think it is a little too early to tell what this means for Trump and a lot of people are seeing what they want to see in it.
Absolutely this. In fact I would point out that in the redacted section, his assistance with a different subject is the first note, while his help with the Trump investigation is the second item. I'd love to know what those parts said!

Old 12-04-2018, 07:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
It means nothing I'm guessing. Same as everything else.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:21 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
people like Flynn don't go bad instantly when they rub against Trump. More likely he was picked because he was bad.

really? what was his crime? Mueller better explain in his report why Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI when Comey, Mccabe, and the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn told congress that they believe Flynn didn't lie.

So what is Flynn real crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies