Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:32 PM

702 posts, read 540,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Leftists LOVE war. Except they call it "humanitarian intervention."

See: Libya, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, Mali, Bosnia, Kosovo.

Military spending under Obama was higher than it was under Bush. His first two years with a Democrat Congress, dramatically higher:

What kind of worms do you need to have in your brain to think that Clinton or Obama were leftists? Clinton laid the foundation for the mass incarceration, and Obama set the tone for his presidency by giving billions of dollars to financial institutions and automakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 12:33 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I knew that today while President Bush Sr. was honored and remembered, Trump fans would resent everyone taking a day to honor a man who served his country in multiple capacities.

I knew it would not sit well.

But if the media hadn't taken the time, if Trump critics hadn't taken the time to pay their respects, those same Trump fans would have slammed those that see as their opposition.

It's the TDS I'm talking about -- no matter what Trump critics do -- it's always the wrong thing.

One of the loveliest state funerals I've ever seen. It was a true tribute to the man.
It was and in stark contrast to what we have in office today. Hopefully some of all that class dignity, and respect he was surrounded by today, rubs off on him just a little bit. Hopefully that gave him pause to reflect on how history is going to judge him, and reflect the person he was.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:34 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
You know how I feel. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead because of him.
I'm familiar with your position, but that has nothing to do with the OP's complaint. He is angry because people who disagreed with the man's policies are now saying nice things about him because he is dead. I suspect he would be equally offended if they criticized him just now, or for that matter, said nothing at all about his passing.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:35 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,875 times
Quote:
All Presidents are the scum of the earth. That's why they're (s)elected.
I've seen plenty of presidents come and go in my lifetime. I haven't always agreed with their politics, but could agree to disagree. Never have I seen a more awful human being than Trump. Everything he stands for is repulsive. I'm not going to sit here and act like what he does is ok. Not in my America.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It was and in stark contrast to what we have in office today. Hopefully some of all that class dignity, and respect he was surrounded by today, rubs off on him just a little bit. Hopefully that gave him pause to reflect on how history is going to judge him, and reflect the person he was.
I was having a delusional moment thinking maybe all of this, McCain's funeral...all those things said, will have some impact.

Here's where I hope the President can be the adult and set the tone.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
What kind of worms do you need to have in your brain to think that Clinton or Obama were leftists? Clinton laid the foundation for the mass incarceration, and Obama set the tone for his presidency by giving billions of dollars to financial institutions and automakers.
As an AnCap, rebeldor sees all statists as leftists. Actually, he sees the concept of the state itself as leftist.

We often disagree, but at least I know who I'm arguing with.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
They weren't. Trump is more leftist than either of them. So was W.

The people running their foreign policies sure were, though--neocons to be exact.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm familiar with your position, but that has nothing to do with the OP's complaint. He is angry because people who disagreed with the man's policies are now saying nice things about him because he is dead. I suspect he would be equally offended if they criticized him just now, or for that matter, said nothing at all about his passing.
That's the point. The corporate/state media thrives on war and loves warmongers, even if they won't say it publicly. Bill, Hillary, W, and Obama will all get the same fawning reverence when they die.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I was having a delusional moment thinking maybe all of this, McCain's funeral...all those things said, will have some impact.

Here's where I hope the President can be the adult and set the tone.
I agree

Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I've seen plenty of presidents come and go in my lifetime. I haven't always agreed with their politics, but could agree to disagree. Never have I seen a more awful human being than Trump. Everything he stands for is repulsive. I'm not going to sit here and act like what he does is ok. Not in my America.
Of course he's not OK; he's absolute gutter trash. But so far fewer people have been killed in wars than under W or Obama, and that's actually a very big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies