Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 01:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I heard them discussing how both GWB and GHWB were nice guys and took all the crap that the Democrats and the liberal media threw at them and didn't fight back. They were saying that's WHY Trump got elected. People were sick of the GOP playing nice and taking it all. I can tell you when Lindsay Graham stood up and pushed back on the loser Democrats trying to accuse Kavanaugh of something he didn't do with ZERO evidence, the GOP voters were gleeful. They like Trump because he fights back. In the old days, they would have withdrawn his nominations. Democrats fight dirty and now we have a GOPer that fights back.
Absolutely correct! I can recall the exact moment I decided to vote for Trump..it was when Megyn Kelly tried to hit Trump with a "gotcha" question..Trump totally turned it right around and humiliated her! It was awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 01:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I heard them discussing how both GWB and GHWB were nice guys and took all the crap that the Democrats and the liberal media threw at them and didn't fight back. They were saying that's WHY Trump got elected. People were sick of the GOP playing nice and taking it all. I can tell you when Lindsay Graham stood up and pushed back on the loser Democrats trying to accuse Kavanaugh of something he didn't do with ZERO evidence, the GOP voters were gleeful. They like Trump because he fights back. In the old days, they would have withdrawn his nominations. Democrats fight dirty and now we have a GOPer that fights back.
100% accurate!

Old 12-06-2018, 01:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Absolutely correct! I can recall the exact moment I decided to vote for Trump..it was when Megyn Kelly tried to hit Trump with a "gotcha" question..Trump totally turned it right around and humiliated her! It was awesome!
It was disgusting.

I realize that the truth doesn't matter to Trump, but it should matter to Americans. The funeral showcased how Americans value character and principles. President GHW Bush was a man of principle. He embodied dignity and integrity. President Trump would do well to emulate President GHW Bush.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
any word on when she'll announce for 2020?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:40 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was disgusting.

I realize that the truth doesn't matter to Trump, but it should matter to Americans. The funeral showcased how Americans value character and principles. President GHW Bush was a man of principle. He embodied dignity and integrity. President Trump would do well to emulate President GHW Bush.
how do you think Bill Clinton's funeral will go?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I think it will go well. People who respect and admire him will attend. He will be eulogized as a good President, and as a gifted politician. Critics will come forward with their opinions, just as critics of the late President Bush have come forward. I hope that President Clinton's funeral will be far in the future. Funerals are sad occasions.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:09 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,519,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I would think that Juanita B, along with his other accusers will have their say when it's Billarrys time.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:47 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
President GHW Bush was a man of principle. He embodied dignity and integrity.
Dignity--by overseeing the massacre of hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq.
Integrity--by overseeing the CIA's drug-running for the Colombians.

Quote:
President Trump would do well to emulate President GHW Bush.
The ONLY thing Trump has done right is to not get the U.S. into any more wars.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
It was disgusting.

GHW Bush got the last laugh and played Trump by inviting him and putting him on display at the funeral. Trump took a knee by not putting his hand over his heart for the anthem and not reciting the Apostle's Creed.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
GHW Bush got the last laugh and played Trump by inviting him and putting him on display at the funeral. Trump took a knee by not putting his hand over his heart for the anthem and not reciting the Apostle's Creed.

Do you really "think" that this was what was on GH Bush's mind during his dying days?

Here's a secret for you. Not everyone is Trump Deranged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies