Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 08:14 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
D...
That's exactly why Bush invited Trump to be at this service. He knew that Trump couldn't refuse; and he knew that Trump would not be able to resort to his usual self-promotion and cheap shots. And, he knew that it was a great opportunity for everyone in the world to see that contrast in a way that Trump couldn't prevent or control. It was the brilliant last act of a great leader.
Wasn't it though.

Trump looked out of place with his arms crossed, his refusal to recite, or even read, the Creed, ...

Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wasn't it though.

Trump looked out of place with his arms crossed, his refusal to recite, or even read, the Creed, ...
Because he doesn't like the Bush family, and they don't like him.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Bush funeral.
Trump was real, the others were fake.
I know we're talking about the Bush funeral.

I meant, what, specifically, was this alleged "drama queen" behavior?

Old 12-06-2018, 08:21 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I know we're talking about the Bush funeral.

I meant, what, specifically, was this alleged "drama queen" behavior?
Fake sorrow, fake reactions, fake facial expressions.
The Clintons are heartless thugs, and the Obamas are as phony as anyone in Hollywood.
The only thing either of them are good at is putting on a show (although even Obama and Oprah together couldn't win Georgia).

Old 12-06-2018, 08:28 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Personally I thought it was George W. Bush made a very good speech, which was full of emotion and indeed humour, and his speech was from the heart. Whilst Bush's friend Alan Simpson also made a good speech.

There were people from across the world at the event as George H.W Bush was a popular man, indeed Britain was represented by former Prime Minister John Major and Prince Charles.

It was a very well organised funeral from what I saw of it, although I was more interested in the speakers and what was said, rather then the reactions of former or current US politicians.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Bush funeral.
Trump was real, the others were fake.
Quote:
The Clintons are heartless thugs, and the Obamas are as phony as anyone in Hollywood.
The only thing either of them are good at is putting on a show (although even Obama and Oprah together couldn't win Georgia).
Part of being a good president is understanding that there are going to be times where are you have to do things you don’t want. You don’t get to write the rules you have to have some measure of decorum to be president. Trump does not understand this ,most other past presidents Get this. trump can’t play nice when then he has no business being office. Trump would get more done if he would play nice with others. Trump is all about what Trump can get out of it he doesn’t care for you or me only himself. That’s the true sign of a bad president.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
So you really don't believe that they could have been honestly moved by any of the eulogists or music? That's pretty sad. I didn't vote for Bush Senior, but I still found myself having a genuine emotional reaction to some of the stories shared by his friends and family.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
ANOTHER FUNERAL? How many does one man -- even a famous and/or beloved man -- need??? Seems a bit much...

Old 12-06-2018, 08:35 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
So you really don't believe that they could have been honestly moved by any of the eulogists or music? That's pretty sad. I didn't vote for Bush Senior, but I still found myself having a genuine emotional reaction to some of the stories shared by his friends and family.
You have to have a heart to feel sympathy and empathy. Trump and his supporters are like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. There's nothing but an empty shell where their hearts should be, so they have no frame of reference for normal human emotions.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:38 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wasn't it though.

I'll admit that I did find that odd. I'm an Episcopalian like the Bush family, and as such I approach worship as a participatory experience. (To be clear, Episcopalians are not the only ones who feel this way, so there's no need for anyone to rush in with "We do that, too!" I know.) The responsive readings, the hymns, the public confession, the kneeling, the Creed, the Eucharist, and sometimes genuflection are all part and parcel of my Sunday morning experience. It's weird to see worshippers simply observe rather than join in, and, to be clear, the President wasn't the only one who refrained. As for me, I was praying, singing, reading, and responding with the service booklet in my lap (I printed it ahead of time) as I watched the funeral through the screen in front of me. It's that deeply engrained. Don't get me wrong, though. The President was welcome to participate or not participate as he saw fit. All I'm saying is that it was very strange for me to see someone not make at least an attempt to be an active participant in the service. I felt the same way while watching the wedding of the now Duke and Duchess of Sussex. All I could think was, "Nobody has any idea what's going on, do they? I hope at least they enjoy the show."

Last edited by randomparent; 12-06-2018 at 08:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies