Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 08:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I watched a part of it. Trump scowled and sat with his arms folded.

Everyone else was laughing at Bush 2’s humorous remembrances of his father.
Considering that Bush Sr ripped into Trump for making fun of Jeb! , then started the never Trump movement, and finished with a three-day TV promoted teaser of who he would endorse (surprise Hilary!), it's amazing to me that Trump showed grace and attended - could have just cited an emergency du jour and skipped.

Second, let's not forget that Bush Sr's invasion of Iraq on behalf of an oil rich multibillionaire family (that ran and is running Kuwait the way Trump-haters imagine he wants to run America) kicked off nearly 30 years of American wars in the middle east. Maybe Trump was thinking of the two generation of unfortunate civilians living through this.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:43 PM

131 posts, read 54,723 times
The media didn't show Trump picking his nose and flicking it

Old 12-05-2018, 08:50 PM

131 posts, read 54,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump is the most famous President in the world, so its impossible for him not to look Presidential.
And in 50 years time I bet Trump will be remembered and spoken about a lot more than Obama, Bush and Clinton.
That's why CNN ratings are up. Before the election the more they bashed the popular he got and their ratings went higher. Imagine if they stopped talking about him.. CNN would be bankrupt

Old 12-05-2018, 08:52 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump actually did look Presidential. It was Hillary, Barry, and Bill that looked pretty pathetic the entire time.
Looking grumpy and bored is "presidential" now?

Old 12-05-2018, 09:19 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
More like the shortest attention span president of all time. The unintelligent are easily bored.
Not entirely true. I hate to even appear to be defending Trump in any way, but I also have trouble sitting still for long periods of time unless I have a book to amuse myself. ADHD, and I've been that way all my life. If he was simply restless, I could sympathize. The thing is, he looked more than restless, his body language looked hostile.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:20 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Considering that Bush Sr ripped into Trump for making fun of Jeb! , then started the never Trump movement, and finished with a three-day TV promoted teaser of who he would endorse (surprise Hilary!), it's amazing to me that Trump showed grace and attended - could have just cited an emergency du jour and skipped.

Second, let's not forget that Bush Sr's invasion of Iraq on behalf of an oil rich multibillionaire family (that ran and is running Kuwait the way Trump-haters imagine he wants to run America) kicked off nearly 30 years of American wars in the middle east. Maybe Trump was thinking of the two generation of unfortunate civilians living through this.
It was George HW who showed grace in wanting Trump to be there in the first place. He didn’t have to do that. But he wanted a moment of unity in this country that is so divided.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You saw that Trump was sitting alone at the end of the row of seating?

I eventually realized that they had seated presidents in order of seniority/recency. But to all appearances, it looked as though Trump was on the end because everyone else refused to sit next to him.

I assume you all saw Trump staring ahead, stone-faced. Others sang the hymns and joined in the responsive readings. He didn't. The appearance was as if he was forced to be there by his staff, but he was determined to pout and remain indifferent.

I'm guessing that he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him.
Not surprised that you could find humor over the death of another human being... Class act you!
And they call us deplorables.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:28 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times
Trump isn't part of the club. Do you think these career politicians actually believe half of the stuff that comes out of their mouths? These "Democrat" and "Republican" politicians are all buddies and probably have a good laugh at the expense of the American public as they count the millions of dollars they've made off their offices.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:08 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You saw that Trump was sitting alone at the end of the row of seating?

I eventually realized that they had seated presidents in order of seniority/recency. But to all appearances, it looked as though Trump was on the end because everyone else refused to sit next to him.

I assume you all saw Trump staring ahead, stone-faced. Others sang the hymns and joined in the responsive readings. He didn't. The appearance was as if he was forced to be there by his staff, but he was determined to pout and remain indifferent.

I'm guessing that he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him.

The Missus probably sat DT down in the car on way to the service and told him to simmer down and behave himself! *LOL*

Old 12-05-2018, 11:11 PM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
Michelle obama's false eyelashers were so long and heavy she could hardly look up to see anyone .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies