Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times

Advertisements

Even WaPo is starting to get scared at how these brands are being destroyed by the derangement.

They have even called out The Guardian for that fake story about Manifort visiting Assange. It never happened.
And the Guardian remains silent, with its editor-in-chief Katharine Viner refusing to utter so much as a peep of defense this entire time.The only comment the publication has issued has been repeated day after day verbatim to every news outlet which writes about this bizarre occurrence: “This story relied on a number of sources. We put these allegations to both Paul Manafort and Julian Assange’s representatives prior to publication. Neither responded to deny the visits taking place. We have since updated the story to reflect their denials.” Which is basically just implying that they can print any libelous nonsense they want about anyone.........

MSM Is Getting Weirder, More Frantic, And More Desperate By The Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 05:30 PM

8,493 posts, read 4,550,068 times
Based on many posts here, I don't think it is the media that is getting weirder, more frantic, and more desperate by the day. Certain posters however very much meet this assertion.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:44 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
The British newspaper The Guardian is your poster boy for MSM?
The US MSM remains skeptical and didn't jump on this story.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL181...e-guardian.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.deb682e23ea3

"No other news organization has been able to corroborate the Guardian’s reporting to substantiate its central claim of a meeting. News organizations typically do such independent reporting to confirm important stories."

Old 12-06-2018, 05:52 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Based on many posts here, I don't think it is the media that is getting weirder, more frantic, and more desperate by the day. Certain posters however very much meet this assertion.

You can tell they are really feeling the pressure, by some of the posts from outer space they keep coming up with. I can imagine how hard it has been, for two long years, to see someone you put your hopes and dreams on turn out to be as bad as Trump has proven to be.

I really look forward to the day when someone who is sane and experienced is back at the helm, and this country can start to come back together. I do not envy that person though, they are going to have a Herculean task ahead of them, to regain trust here and abroad, and to actually begin rolling up their sleeves and doing some actual work, instead of spending the day tweeting nonsense.

I don't care if that person is a Republican or Democrat, I would take Satan himself at this point. Anyone would be better than the clown we now have in there.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:53 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,343 times
As are the posters of these threads.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You can tell they are really feeling the pressure, by some of the posts from outer space they keep coming up with. I can imagine how hard it has been, for two long years, to see someone you put your hopes and dreams on turn out to be as bad as Trump has proven to be.

I really look forward to the day when someone who is sane and experienced is back at the helm, and this country can start to come back together. I do not envy that person though, they are going to have a Herculean task ahead of them, to regain trust here and abroad, and to actually begin rolling up their sleeves and doing some actual work, instead of spending the day tweeting nonsense.

I don't care if that person is a Republican or Democrat, I would take Satan himself at this point. Anyone would be better than the clown we now have in there.

It certainly won’t be a Democrat that can do that

Old 12-06-2018, 06:23 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It certainly won’t be a Democrat that can do that

After the damage the GOP has self inflicted upon itself, I doubt you're going to see a GOP person running things for a long long time. And for 2 years Trump had the house and senate-a rarity for a party to have all 3 branches. And they failed to deliver much of anything.

And your opinion of Democrats is nonsense. Either a Democrat or a Republican can do this, they've just got to be competent. But what Trumps done to the GOP is going to hurt them for a long long time.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:27 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
After the damage the GOP has self inflicted upon itself, I doubt you're going to see a GOP person running things for a long long time. And for 2 years Trump had the house and senate-a rarity for a party to have all 3 branches. And they failed to deliver much of anything.

And your opinion of Democrats is nonsense. Either a Democrat or a Republican can do this, they've just got to be competent. But what Trumps done to the GOP is going to hurt them for a long long time.

What damage? We’ve heard this all before

What rising Democrat star will do what you claim?

Old 12-06-2018, 06:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times
I'm starting to feel that anyone - whether a supposed journalist or just an ordinary person - who even uses the acronym "MSM" should be automatically disregarded. It's like a warning of flagrant inherent bias. Not to mention the stupidity of grouping together disparate sources like the New York Times, Fox News, the BBC, and NPR.

By the way, if things were libelous, they'd be sued. So we can assume it's not in fact libelous.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,246,866 times
Media desperation has got to be influenced by the Great Depression-level layoffs and pay cuts that industry has experienced since 2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies