Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 10:51 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Personally, if I have to have an ID to exercise my second amendment right, then I don't see why I can't demand all voters show ID to exercise their right to vote. Fair is fair.

Also, I really do think, if someone cannot legally have a firearm, then they shouldn't have the right to vote either. I also wish they would go back to where only property owners can be allowed to vote. It's not right that the non property owners out number the property owners, and they can turn around and vote for a tax increase that impact the property owner, not the non property owner. I've seen so many communities where ignorant people vote for the tax increases, then wonder why the people with the money pack up and move out, and then the community is left in shambles like Detroit and Chicago. I wish people would see that you can't tax the rich to pay for the poor, when the rich have the money and the means to just pack up and ship out, but the poor are usually strapped and have no place to go, and they become more poor. It's a situation I see time and time again.
Property taxes impact everyone who lives in the area collecting them. Do you really think that landlords do not pass this expense on to their tenants? Also, do you really believe that all renters are "ignorant?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 02:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Most of voter fraud can be tied to absentee, and mail in ballots.
Solution is, to stop ALL of these type ballots, except for the military.

That's the way is was years ago, and could be today.
You want to vote, get your ass to your polling place.
You don't vote, then you don't have any right to ***** when people, and propositions, you didn't vote for get in.
If you are to lazy to get to the polls, then that is your problem.

Bob.
What a sanctimonious attitude you display, not to mention uninformed.

First, many people need to work long hours, seven days a week, and that is all that is keeping them and their families fed, clothed and sheltered. Not having all our voters vote is everybody's problem. Democracy only works when the citizens are fully represented.

Second, the actual statistics for voter fraud in the US is between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent.

https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth

Old 12-08-2018, 05:34 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Are you aware that voter fraud is pretty close to non-existent?

The real problem isn't voter fraud - it's voter suppression. Including gerrymandering.

Nothing wrong with absentee ballots. I've been happy to use them when I've been out of town. Students use them. Elderly house-bound people use them. It's not a matter of laziness.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Early absentee voting could take place at DMV offices with real state employees making sure the people voting are legitimate.

For the tiny fraction of the voting public that legitimately can't leave the house, a state election official could bring the ballot to the house, wait while it is filled out and then leave with it sealed in a secure envelope.

Everyone else takes their lazy ass to the polls.
And what about the millions of Ex-pats living abroad?
The left seems to be all bunched up over the alleged handful of folks who some how never had an ID card in their lives, but like yours and few other posts demonstrate, are more than happy to disenfranchise an estimated 9 million US citizens living in other countries.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:03 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Property taxes impact everyone who lives in the area collecting them. Do you really think that landlords do not pass this expense on to their tenants? Also, do you really believe that all renters are "ignorant?"
You would be right except property taxes, even those paid by the landlords, do not account for such activities as multi-families living in single family dwellings. This of course happens a lot in places with high concentrations of illegals. The greedy land lord absolutely charges more, but not for property taxes.

Another issue is grandfathered property taxes that dont reflect the actual value of older properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies