Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:34 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Today, Trump said ( promoted the next installment of Trump Reality TV) he would make a major announcement tomorrow and gave media a hint it has to do with the Chief of Staff- a real cliff hanger.

Sounds like just another attempt by the drama queen to distract from the Mueller Investigation.
Who will he get to replace Kelly that would be better? Ultimately, Gen John Kelly probably should go and he probably will go—not just because that’s what sources say Trump wants but because everyone close to Trump has a short shelf-life—but will it be a good move? Impossible to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 10:36 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Yet strangely, Trump has managed to get more things done to benefit Americans than any previous President at this point in his term, or maybe ever. He makes the permanent political class look bad. Why couldn't they get anything done if they were so smart?

Could Kelly have volunteered to run the newly expanded Gitmo in anticipation of the military tribunals to start in January?

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

Old 12-07-2018, 10:39 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,748,231 times
Yawn...the daily loony liberal circle jerk. Carry on

Old 12-07-2018, 10:41 AM

well, as a Trump voter, I have to say that,

I think Trump would be happiest with a lickspittle. Someone who be absolutely loyal, placing Trump before the rule of law, the Constitution, and the country generally. Someone who will praise him, flatter him constantly, do everything he wants, lie for him and to him, and carry out his every whim, no matter what.

If this type is the person who Trump makes as his chief of staff, Trump may be happy at first, but it will not end well for his administration or the country.

This said, I still think Trump did an okay job so far. I so hope this is fake news, but if this is true news and Trump got rid of Gen Kelly. Personally, I'd be disappointed, I cannot think of ANYONE right now who is better than Kelly. Like another poster pointed out, maybe he should consider finding a good person and try to get along with him. lol Maybe this is more productive.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh please, my comment is not directed at YOU at all. It is about my personal opinion about John kelly, not high ranking officers in the armed forces in general. After all, this thread is about JOHN KELLY, that is why I commented on JOHN KELLY.

I did not even read your post.

If I wanted to "challenge" your position, I would have quoted YOUR post. I did not, why do you take MY post meant to be a general post so personally?
I did not take your comment personally; I'm merely providing a counterpoint. That's still allowed, right? And if you did not read my post, then why respond?

There's a lot of supposition in your comment. John Kelly is an accomplished man, I'll give you that, but your comment with its bolded and capitalized GENERAL implied that because of his military position, he is of superior character. That's an opinion, not a fact. There are plenty of high-ranking military officials whose personal character is questionable. I've met more than a few of them. As I stated above, I don't know John Kelly, but I do not believe that anyone is as perfect as you are making him out to be.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A question I certainly ask myself on daily basis.

It is not like everybody is like Omarosa the drama queen.
I call it “ Broken Picker” syndrome.

Trump Org is comprised of a revolving door of more than 500 organizations with no shortage of failures. Throw enough spahgetti at the was and it’s likely some will stick.

Seems to me his basis for hiring in the private sector ( make me money) does not translate well to government.

No telling what influence Don Jr, Ivanka and Jared have on his decision making process.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I did not take your comment personally; I'm merely providing a counterpoint. That's still allowed, right? And if you did not read my post, then why respond?

There's a lot of supposition in your comment. John Kelly is an accomplished man, I'll give you that, but your comment with it's bolded and capitalized GENERAL implied that because of his military position, he is of superior character. That's an opinion, not a fact. There are plenty of high-ranking military officials whose personal character is questionable. I've met more than a few of them. As I stated above, I don't know John Kelly, but I do not believe that anyone is as perfect as you are making him out to be.
I agree with your point. Both your posts, but I think you DID take my post personally. I will leave it at that.

I am not interested in argue with you, especially when i agree with the points you made. lol

By the way, I am only saying, He is a GENERAL , (emphasis the part general) because and simply because I want to emphasis the point that He has survived DECADES of hostility, trouble, challenge, trial. he has learned negotiation, politics, manoeuver, command, leadership and endless other skills in his rise through the ranks.

That is all.

I think it is a waste of time for me to argue with somebody I agree with. Maybe it is a misunderstanding on your part, I dont know.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I call it “ Broken Picker” syndrome.

Trump Org is comprised of a revolving door of more than 500 organizations with no shortage of failures. Throw enough spahgetti at the was and it’s likely some will stick.

Seems to me his basis for hiring in the private sector ( make me money) does not translate well to government.

No telling what influence Don Jr, Ivanka and Jared have on his decision making process.
I think my biggest problem with Trump is that he runs this country like a company.

I think this is Trump's biggest flaw.

Reminds me of something my future sister in law told me in the past, she said she did not want to talk to Trump supporters because some of his supporters are just like Trump himself, they simply won't take NO for an answer. I thought she was being unfair because as a Trump voter, I certainly can and will criticize Trump whenever I want to. But I can see the point she was making. If one thinks a President could do no wrong, this "one" person should never be taken seriously. At the same time, if one thinks Trump could do nothing right simply because he's Trump, that person shouldn't be taken seriously either. After all, life itself is a balancing art. lol

I know you voted for Trump too, but at least, you won't defend Trump when he is impossible to defend. I can certainly respect that.

So far, I understand and do agree with the points you made in this thread.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:09 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Right?? A person being in the military doesn’t automatically garner them as honorable or good. Please. The fact that he even said yes to being in that wreck of an administration, a wreck from day one I might add, shows his questionable judgment.
When the President calls personally, any citizen responds.

I'm absolutely sure Kelly was content with his job as Secretary of Homeland Security, a job he was well suited for. But, as a citizen, and after observing the wreckage that was left by Trump's former Chiefs of Staff behind when they left, I'm pretty sure that Kelly took the job as much an obligation to his country as anything.

Someone has to be the garbage collector or the garbage threatens everyone with disease when it piles up. The garbage stinks, but the disease doesn't. Kelly had spent his career trying to keep one mental disease after another from spreading. What was ISIS other than a widespread mental disease?

The guy has his own thoughts and feelings, but he's no sycophant. Any ex-General has already fought struggles he knew he could never win, but must be fought.

I don't fault him for anything. If he leaves, then he leaves the garbage pit a little bit cleaner than when he arrived. If he couldn't get the mess cleared out, it only shows how big it truly is.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:25 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Another one bites the dust...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies