Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:38 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

I'll just leave this here:

"Once this habit is well established you have the delightful situation of a human saying things with the express purpose of offending and yet having a grievance when offence is taken."

C. S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Same for conservatives. Conservatives need to accept that not everyone shares their religion or worldview and they need to stop being so outraged all the time because people exist in this country who don't. Perfect example is the outrage over the lesbian kiss at the Macy's parade. Trumpers need to get over it. Lesbians exist, have always existed, and always will exist.

I accept the results of the 2016 presidential election.

say it with me......

Old 12-07-2018, 11:53 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
During all the years I was bullied for my lack of athletic prowess, I had two mantras that helped me deal with it:

1. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!" That's true, and it worked.

2. "As long as they are talking about me, they are leaving somebody else alone!" That is also true, because "they" have an innate, overpowering need to denigrate somebody.

Gossip and meanness exists. Learn to deal with it. If you can't, it is quite possible you actually ARE a "snowflake".
Whatever don't kill you, just makes you stronger. When I was a kid, I went on vacation to Miami and used to play this old guy in chess. He beat me every game but I never quit and played him as many times I could. When I got back home, I played and beat almost everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
If the snowshoe fits.......

If someone calls you a snowflake, and it hurts you feelings, you are probably a snowflake.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Kinda like when you are called a moron huh? The term snowflake is used as an insult so naturally it is insulting. This is not difficult.

...or kinda like when snowflakes call people Nazis, huh?

Old 12-07-2018, 12:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

say it with me......

I accept the results but that doesn't mean I like it. This is a very scary time to be alive and I the near future looks extremely bleak. In fact, I'd say the only time in US history more perilous than this was the late 1850s, leading up to the civil war.

Now your turn.

I accept the ruling of the Supreme Court of the United States in deciding Obergefell v. Hodges.

I accept the ruling of the Supreme Court of the United States in deciding Obergefell v. Hodges.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:00 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. I personally accept that Donald Trump was elected president in 2016, and I refer to him as President Trump or the president as is appropriate. That doesn't change my mind that he doesn't belong there and that I think the GOP lost its frigging mind when it made him Republican candidate in 2016.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. I personally accept that Donald Trump was elected president in 2016, and I refer to him as President Trump or the president as is appropriate. That doesn't change my mind that he doesn't belong there and that I think the GOP lost its frigging mind when it made him Republican candidate in 2016.

The GOP lost its frigging mind long before that. This entire thing is a collective tantrum about having a successful black President with a funny sounding name and the Supreme Court making same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

say it with me......

Many of them, and lots of them post "orange man bad" posts here day after day, are in extreme denial about it.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:45 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
I personally accept that the orange man won the election. I think most people do. It’s just hard to believe that so many folks voted for this bozo who is ruining our economy, alienating our allies, and making us the laughingstock of the whole world. Did any of you see the huge grins and high fives of Putin and MBS telecast recently? They are as happy as cats lapping up a huge bowl of milk. They have fooled Trump mightily.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:50 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I personally accept that the orange man won the election. I think most people do. It’s just hard to believe that so many folks voted for this bozo who is ruining our economy, alienating our allies, and making us the laughingstock of the whole world. Did any of you see the huge grins and high fives of Putin and MBS telecast recently? They are as happy as cats lapping up a huge bowl of milk. They have fooled Trump mightily.
Yep. There is a huge difference in refusing to accept Trump won the election (dumb) and analyzing and criticizing Trump's policy-making decisions and behavior in his role as President because you think they are dangerous and harmful to the future of the country (something to be lauded). I know this is a difficult distinction for unthinking Trump sycophants who just like to post youtube videos and unthinkingly dismiss every argument as "Orange Man Bad" or "you're a snowflake" because they are intellectually incapable (or too lazy) to proffer substantive analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies