Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He should not apologize because there is nothing to apologize for. I wish he would stand up for himself a little, it is not his problem a few people via tweeter or whatever, are offended about something.
He is standing up for himself, he's just really short so it's hard to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 12:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
You too?

I dont get it myself. My favorite is the college girl screaming idiotic nonsense at her very liberal prof.
I always get a good chuckle out of it.

My all time fav will be the AL Frankin #metoo debacle. To see him get washed out of everything for a ridiculous picture and here say....things he had been supporting when it happened to everyone else...was just karma

Old 12-07-2018, 12:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He is standing up for himself, he's just really short so it's hard to tell.
He is trying to stand tall.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:10 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Homophobic?

Eddie Murphy might want to prepare if they start listening to some of his old standup.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Homophobic?

Eddie Murphy might want to prepare if they start listening to some of his old standup.
Back in the day. George Carlin and Richard prior were something. The comedy today is a joke compared to yesteryear. I used to like Trevor Noah, but now I'm finding increasingly boring to his political identity jokes. He is still funny but it gets old when he jokes on trump.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:41 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No apology = no growth.

https://www.wired.com/story/kevin-hart-oscars-tweets/

By Thursday morning, Hart's Oscar-hosting gig was clearly in jeopardy, though it wasn't necessarily gone for good: A sincere apology—coupled with evidence that he'd matured and learned since those older jokes—possibly could have helped him.

But then, just as things were getting bad, Hart did something truly stupid: He decided to go back online.

In an Instagram post from that morning, Hart appeared bratty, defensive, and completely dismissive of the growing pushback (he also seemed kind of drowsy, possibly because he filmed it from a bed). "Our world is becoming beyond crazy," Hart complained, "and I'm not gonna let the craziness frustrate me … if you don't believe people change, grow, evolve as they get older, [then] I don't know what to tell you."
I understand where he’s coming from. He’s a comedian. They say deliberately provocative things. He said those jokes when those jokes were commonplace. Now he’s going to lose a gig over being a comedian.

There is no forgiveness anymore for past statements, no matter how much they’ve changed.

I am glad it’s happening to more than just conservatives, because maybe people will finally see how ridiculous it is. The only one I don’t feel sorry for is Marc Lamont Hill, because he basically endorsed terrorism and said what Palestinians say when they mean to drive Jews into the sea. He should not get a pass for that.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Who cares about the Oscars or Emmys anyway. Three hours of mind-numbing boredom.
Well, I had hopes it wouldn’t be quite as boring with Kevin Hart hosting. He’s actually funny.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What would we do without hordes of sjw's to mob us over decency and proper ways to act, think and communicate.

Seriously reminds me of the old busybody ladies in my parents church when I was a young kid.

They're as bad as the bible thumpers and just as self-righteous.
The sad thing is there are apparently people who do nothing but mine people’s past statements for something offensive. It doesn’t matter if it was commonplace at the time. People have no way to defend themselves for something they may have said ten or twenty years ago when the prevailing opinion was different than it is today. How can you make up for that? It’s impossible.

I hope ABC ratings tank so hard for this. Did they learn nothing with Roseanne Barr?

Old 12-07-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Who the heck is Kevin Hart?........................

................or another way to put it is how much of the world do you need to be in so people recognize your name?
He’s pretty well known. Just because you don’t know him doesn’t mean he’s not famous.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The sad thing is there are apparently people who do nothing but mine people’s past statements for something offensive. It doesn’t matter if it was commonplace at the time. People have no way to defend themselves for something they may have said ten or twenty years ago when the prevailing opinion was different than it is today. How can you make up for that? It’s impossible.

I hope ABC ratings tank so hard for this. Did they learn nothing with Roseanne Barr?
Nope. Abc did not learn. Still afraid and support the sjw mob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies