Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 08:15 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's an easy bar to clear.
Agreed.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Why are people so jealous of Trump who was democratically elected to be the President, and is a successful businessman and a billionaire even prior to becoming a top world leader?!

Do I agree with Trump on everything? Absolutely not. But let’s not hate and be against him on every single thing. Want a change / don’t like him? Try to run for public office yourself! Convince the voters to vote for you.
You can dislike a man's character or a man, his policies, his behaviour and not be jealous of him. Human beings can have a range of emotions without being jealous of someone.

I have disliked him for years, not going to like him now because you want me to. Because I don't like him, doesn't mean I want to be President.

I think Trump is a nasty human being who has managed not to destroy the USA -- see I said something nice.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:41 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump is as conservative as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

oh we knew that from day one, in fact we knew he was a democratic before running for office

Old 12-08-2018, 08:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Why are people so jealous of Trump who was democratically elected to be the President, and is a successful businessman and a billionaire even prior to becoming a top world leader?!

Do I agree with Trump on everything? Absolutely not. But let’s not hate and be against him on every single thing. Want a change / don’t like him? Try to run for public office yourself! Convince the voters to vote for you.
I friends daughter who is home from college was telling me that a gay friend was scared to death when Trump was elected. She believed that she was going to be harassed, mugged, assaulted etc because Trump was elected. What are these kids being taught and who is teaching them these things?

Old 12-08-2018, 08:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I don't hate Donald Trump. I think he doesn't have the mentality or temperament to be a good President, so I don't think he's fit for the job, but that's not hatred.

I certainly have not ever been jealous of the man in any way. There is nothing he has I want or have ever wanted, and I don't want to live my life the way he lives his, and have never wanted that either.

I never judge anyone's private life; to me, that's not a Christian thing to do, but I will criticize any person who represents me and my nation when I feel that person is doing harm to my country or behaving in a way that trashes my country's dignity. I dislike anyone who dishonors my nation's people and tries to divide them for their own purposes.

But that's not hatred. Dislike, disdain, and other emotions aren't hatred. Each is something unto itself.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:00 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't hate Donald Trump. I think he doesn't have the mentality or temperament to be a good President, so I don't think he's fit for the job, but that's not hatred.

I certainly have not ever been jealous of the man in any way. There is nothing he has I want or have ever wanted, and I don't want to live my life the way he lives his, and have never wanted that either.

I never judge anyone's private life; to me, that's not a Christian thing to do, but I will criticize any person who represents me and my nation when I feel that person is doing harm to my country or behaving in a way that trashes my country's dignity. I dislike anyone who dishonors my nation's people and tries to divide them for their own purposes.

But that's not hatred. Dislike, disdain, and other emotions aren't hatred. Each is something unto itself.
Well said.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:03 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Yes. I absolutely agree with you.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
whats a good president? with soicety changing everyday, maybe we just need something different. Maybe the problem not Trump. Look I said maybe, But the problem is, he is do different from all the other presidents. I means he a businessman and not a lawyer

and he having problem with law but he killing the business part of it

Old 12-08-2018, 09:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Remember The Hobbit..............that INSANE lust for The Ring??? Well, pretty much that is what is happening with Deepstaters, they are furious that Trump got The Ring, and dang it, they will do anything and everything to get it back.

You could not be more mistaken. I can't speak for everyone who is a Democrat or Liberal, but I could care less if the guy/gal in there is a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. What I do care about is the way they represent this country and the way the conduct themselves while they are in that seat.

History should tell you that for 4 years, one party is in there, and then the other party takes over and keeps it for 4 or 8 more years, then it switches back again. Always been that way, always will. What is different this time is that we have an unqualified, unfit, unstable, self promoting fool in there, and he has caused so much damage in only two years that it may never be fully repaired.

This man thinks of this Presidency just like it was his silly little reality show, because that is about the depth of his intelligence and comprehension. We need someone in there who is willing to grow in the job and actually work for all Americans, not just himself.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
All politicians lie once in awhile, but Trump has made a career out of it. But nice attempt to deflect, you did not address my original point.

once in a while? obama and company, and in fact pretty much all democrats got where they are by lying, and on a regular basis. in fact if a democrat ever told the truth, they would melt down like the wicked witch of the west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies