Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:33 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times

Advertisements

So this is the only issue I have with the article. Someone already charged turns witness against others. What was the bribe offered to turn on person1? If testimony is bought, how reliable is it?
I think Trump is scum, but I have always questioned the reliability of criminals testifying about others in exchange for a lessor sentence or immunity.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:42 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why yes, I sure did. And I actually understood it.

From the article (by way of quoting the Cohen filing):

“Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1.”

Cohen also "admitted" that he acted independently and only changed his story when he was threatened by with a long prison sentence.

So is he lying now or was he lying then?

Old 12-09-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nope. He directed Cohen to make the payments, which were a felony violation of campaign finance laws, among other things. He is a felon and an as yet unidicted co-conspirator. That will change soon, though, I am certain.

Yeah, you keep repeating Cohen's conflicting claim as though there so sort of evidence to back it up.

OK, where's your proof?

Old 12-09-2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Impeachment should start immediately. Just imagine if a (D) did this

First of all, there is no "this" that a Republican did, but since you went there....

Simpson, who appeared for the closed-door session Tuesday under subpoena, invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.8bd20fd7a5d7

Nellie Ohr exercised spousal privilege and largely declined to discuss conversations she had with her husband, Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, over the so-called Steele dossier during a meeting with two GOP-led House committees on Friday.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...steele-dossier

Fired FBI Director James B. Comey refused to appear before Congress on Monday to talk about his handling of the Clinton email investigation, and his fired deputy, Andrew McCabe, asserted his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination, Sen. Charles E. Grassley said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-pleads-fifth/

House Republicans are threatening former FBI lawyer Lisa Page with contempt proceedings after she failed to appear for a deposition Wednesday despite a subpoena.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ena/777757002/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftImeIlck5I

Old 12-09-2018, 01:44 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
Enough is enough!! Lies from the Left and Lies from the Right.

The country needs a truly Independent investigation, dealing in facts relating ONLY to start of the election cycle and up to the day of the election on both President Trump and H. Clinton.

Until that happens, I don't believe all the fake news and rumors like... DOJ called Trump a felon... That is pure 100% BS. Give me a break!!

I'm sick of all the "talking heads" who "claim" to have inside information... If this was true, both Trump and Hillary would already be locked up. Personally all the inside imformation has been BS when leveled with any known facts.

Until the media quits being one-sided and simply report the facts, not feelings or personnel opinions, I'm done listening to CNN and Fox.

Let's be honest, we all know that BOTH Trump and H. Clinton are not roll models for anybody and that both of them has/have done some shady deals and other actions in the past were if any of us got caught doing anthing that they did, we'd be locked up in a federal prison.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:58 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
First of all, there is no "this" that a Republican did, but since you went there....
LOL you think the GOP will do the right thing and impeach Trump?

Old 12-09-2018, 05:00 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Was just about to say something similar. They might actually have less credibility than Trump.
Only if you're a hardcore maga red hat. Trump has zero credibility and he's convinced sad people like you to praise aholes like putin over our own cia and fbi.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:04 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Impeachment should start immediately. Just imagine if a (D) did this
Republicans don't care about trillion dollar annual deficits either unless they are happening on democrats watches

Hypocrisy seems to be a requirement to be a republican these days

Old 12-09-2018, 06:27 AM

12,029 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Only the republicans that get indicted for this:

Moreover, campaign finance infractions are often settled by payment of an administrative fine, not turned into felony prosecutions. To be sure, federal prosecutors in New York City have charged them as felonies before – most notably in 2014 against Dinesh D’Souza, whom Trump later pardoned.

In marked contrast, though, when it was discovered that Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign was guilty of violations involving nearly $2 million – an amount that dwarfs the $280,000 in Cohen’s case – the Obama Justice Department decided not to prosecute. Instead, the matter was quietly disposed of by a $375,000 fine by the Federal Election Commission.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andr...an-us-attorney

Old 12-09-2018, 06:29 AM

37,154 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Cohen also "admitted" that he acted independently and only changed his story when he was threatened by with a long prison sentence.

So is he lying now or was he lying then?
He was lying then, to try to protect Trump. If you recall, Cohen's home and office were raided after that, and all of his documents and computers and phone records and tape recordings were confiscated. Mueller has enough info to know exactly what went on at this point.

Donnie is toast. We're just waiting on the pop up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.