Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So in 2018 there were ~7,600 charges of sexual harassment filed with the EEOC, 15.9% filed by males. So 6,392 filed by females. Roughly .0084% of the female work force filed sexual harassment charges. Of those 1,819 or .0024% were resolved with favorable outcomes for the plaintiff.

Looks like a real big problem for you guys. You should probably avoid all females at any cost.
Fascinating data. My guess is (without data) that the ~7600 charges of sexual harassment filed with the EEOC is a very small percentage of the issues brought to company management. My guess issues brought to company management & HR are usually solved within the company where there is no need to go to the EEOC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 01:33 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
I think you’d have be living under a rock if you didn’t expect some sort of backlash to the #metoo movement.
Or, more likely, lack fundamental if-then logical analysis.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:39 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Why would people make false accusations on a regular basis. The burden of proof is quite high and you risk your own reputation. It is a bad decision when industries are small and insular.

The whole point of this conversation is that with the #MeToo movement, the burden of proof for female accusations against men is either low or non existent. Men can get fired because of a single accusation of impropriety with no right to defend himself. And probably most women will not make false accusation but how would mean know which one would and which one would not?

But I am sure you will never agree that women are capable of making false accusations...

Old 12-12-2018, 01:59 PM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Fascinating data. My guess is (without data) that the ~7600 charges of sexual harassment filed with the EEOC is a very small percentage of the issues brought to company management. My guess issues brought to company management & HR are usually solved within the company where there is no need to go to the EEOC.
I'm sure that is the case. What I dont believe,that at least one poster proclaims, is those that dont get to the EEOC are because the men were fired immediately on the unsubstantiated accusation. I would imagine that if the complainant was not satisfied with HR they then file a complaint with the EEOC.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:08 PM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
The whole point of this conversation is that with the #MeToo movement, the burden of proof for female accusations against men is either low or non existent. Men can get fired because of a single accusation of impropriety with no right to defend himself. And probably most women will not make false accusation but how would mean know which one would and which one would not?

But I am sure you will never agree that women are capable of making false accusations...
What is the supporting evidence that men are fired from a single accusation with no investigation. It is often difficult if not impossible to get proof unless you are able to video record the encounters but of the cases I read there were multiple accusations.

Of course women are as capable of false accusations as men are of knowing their actions are inappropriate.
This has been asked and not addressed but what exactly would the point be to make false accusations? Money? Political agendas? Revenge?

Old 12-12-2018, 02:10 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Quote:

Let’s say you are right. Let’s say that men have no defense, and some women make false accusations. Under your own scenario, it doesn’t matter if you meet or mentor women, or if you never speak to them. A woman can make the accusation that you groped her in a conference room and you are done for.

So understanding that there is literally no defense if your assertions are correct (I don’t believe they are, but will accept them for the sake of discussion), then it makes logical sense to treat women like human beings and deal with them as equals.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:39 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,045,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm sure that is the case. What I dont believe,that at least one poster proclaims, is those that dont get to the EEOC are because the men were fired immediately on the unsubstantiated accusation. I would imagine that if the complainant was not satisfied with HR they then file a complaint with the EEOC.
The complainant is satisfied because the man is fired. Unfortunately, with at will employment, the man has no recourse if he is fired for a false accusation of sexual harassment.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:40 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,045,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Let’s say you are right. Let’s say that men have no defense, and some women make false accusations. Under your own scenario, it doesn’t matter if you meet or mentor women, or if you never speak to them. A woman can make the accusation that you groped her in a conference room and you are done for.

So understanding that there is literally no defense if your assertions are correct (I don’t believe they are, but will accept them for the sake of discussion), then it makes logical sense to treat women like human beings and deal with them as equals.
What defense do men have in an employment at will situation?

Old 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Again, not what this thread is about.
I was responding to the post which was also not what this thread is about. As someone who has herself been groped and harassed at work, I felt it needed a response. So I gave it one. As I'm going to do in the following.

Quote:

Yeah OK, the poll that asked women about the levels of sexual harassment showed a much higher number. And of course it was deemed that woman's responses were true and men don't know anything. Very typical interpretation of the Man hating Feminist mafia.

You know what? This is not about some real misconduct that normal men condemn and do not engage in. This is about an unchecked power of the Man Hating Feminist mafia who consider it impossible that a woman might make a false accusation. I am yet to hear any Feminists express any concern over how easy it is for a woman to ruin men's life over some unproven accusation.

The end result of all of these is that it will be even harder for women to get ahead at work or even to get hired in male dominated industries. Women will be looked at with fear and suspicion. And eventually #MeToo will be exposed for the Feminist fraud it is.
Do you know how many times I've seen the phrase "man-hating feminists" on this forum? Many, many times. Do you have any idea how many times I've seen the phrase "woman-hating incels" on this forum? Maybe twice and only in reference to the group itself. Never have I seen a woman accuse someone of being one.

How about I accuse you of being a woman-hating incel? I'm sure you're not, but you understand how it can irk a person to be accused of being one, right? So why, then, are you so quick to throw a name at a group of people you yourself wouldn't want to be accused of being?

I'm going to move past your hatred of feminists and address the other part of your post.

I know very well that there are aggressive women out there who give traditional and feminist women a bad name. There are also many respectful men out there who get tarred by the bad brush of their Neanderthal brethren.

What you need to understand is that although many men are speaking up in defense of women who are harassed, they are still an underwhelming minority to the men who do the harassing. The bottom line is, if there is a harassment accusation, the most probable situation is it is a man who is doing the harassing against a woman who doesn't want to be harassed.

If you see that isn't the case, then speak up. But by the same token, speak up if you see a man who is harassing a woman.

As a woman, I have already felt the effects of domineering women. I don't like working for them and understanding why they have to be that way doesn't help. I've found myself that men tend to be much easier to work with and for. On the other hand, that opposite kind of that boss is exactly why women today file complaints with HR, quit their jobs, or try to get rid of that boss or coworker. There just happens to be many more of the kind of male boss and coworker who thinks his power doesn't end with the job. #MeToo is simply a backlash against that.

I am glad that these things are out in the open now, but I would be far happier if the men who inspired #MeToo changed their ways or behaved so that #MeToo didn't have to exist. Do you seriously think that ALL those women in the #MeToo movement are out to "get" some man?

I support them because I was harassed at work by a coworker. I tried being nice and asking him to keep his hands off me. I asked him again, nicely. Then I told him. Then I warned him. That's four chances he had to back off. When he decided to continue his physical harassment, I punched him as hard as I could. And I had to do it twice before he got the message. If he had gone to the manager (another woman hater), guess who would have gotten fired? Meanwhile, there were other women there who just loved this guy getting his hands all over them. Do I get upset at that as well? Yes, of course I do. But even though their attitudes made it harder for me, that still doesn't excuse this man's lack of self control. And that's really what it's all about.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:17 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
What defense do men have in an employment at will situation?
Same as an old person. None. At will affects lots of groups. Men are only one of those groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies