Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:15 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times

Advertisements

Comey may be in jail himself soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 04:20 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If "freedom" means being forced to submit to a religious authority I don't believe in, then I'll take what the Dems are offering.

Who is forcing you "to submit to a religious authority [you] don't believe in"? Unless, you provide specifics as to who is actually forcing you to do this, then you have an overactive imagination.

Get a grip

Old 12-10-2018, 04:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and Obama's solindra?
Obama is a private citizen. Move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well that is certainly a simplistic way of looking at the chief executive of the most powerful economy and military the earth has even known.
Now before you assume this is going to be a pro-Trump post, rest assured I am speaking in generalities, not defending Trump.
I think we can both agree he is unconventional since no one has risen to the presidency with his type of resume before.

While I will grant you that political skill helps to get you elected and reelected, part of the problem with our modern way of thinking is to put what is essentially a BS artist into the most important position on earth. You need such a wide skill set that many an aspiring president looks to bolster their domestic and foreign knowledge/experience to be considered qualified for such a job.

Thus as chief executive, you need to not only be good at leadership and have people skills (for both your personnel and public relations), but you also need to know how to govern. Political skills alone do not equate to such skills, and as a result you can have someone get elected that has almost no executive experience, and is essentially learning on the job. Obama is a perfect example of such a person, as he did not lead in an industry, he did not own/run a business, was not in the military, etc.

So despite many thinking he was worthy of being elected potus(presumably you as well), he was doing a lot of learning as he went along.
Obama himself publicly said he was not ready or qualified when he was just elected senator, yet people convinced him he could win, and we got a political neophyte as our 44th president. Prior to Trump, he was one of the least qualified from a political resume standpoint.
He was not even a mayor, much less a governor, both of which help to prepare you to be an executive much better than a 1st term senator. Remember, his claim to fame prior to politics was being a "community organizer". That is normally a knock, not a positive thing. Obama & Hillary's mentor was a community organizer (aka rabble rouser) named Saul Alinsky. Most except the extreme left would think he would have made a great potus.
But this post isn't about Obama either.

Some of our greatest leaders either came from the military, were successful in business, or had a track record of success in a leadership role leading other people. Political acumen while helpful, does not equate to leadership skills.
I could go on in more detail but just noticed the time, so I must end this post. Rest assured though that leadership and success in the business arena is a helpful asset, especially from an economic standpoint.

`
For the third time, the position of POTUS is a political one. Period. End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
But I thought he would be out of office by 2020 so you guys hs e nothing to worry about
He will be.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:25 PM

17,601 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The only time Trump “bones up” is when he’s with a hooker.
How would you know? Jilted ex-lover? That would explain your obsession and jealousy of Trump.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:30 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
Please explain exactly WHY I should give any credence to anything comey says, EVER!
I certainly will not allow him (or anybody else) to tell me who to vote for.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:33 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How would you know? Jilted ex-lover? That would explain your obsession and jealousy of Trump.
Get a life, Sparky.

When you idolize a reprobate, don’t expect everyone else to feel the love.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times
Interesting, thanks.

Comey must be SO relieved that Trump's firing him gave him the freedom to speak out.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:04 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting, thanks.

Comey must be SO relieved that Trump's firing him gave him the freedom to speak out.
If there’s a commonality about the reaction of the people that Trump fires, it seems to be a sense of relief that it’s over.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:09 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,189,978 times
Comey go crawl back in your hole

Old 12-10-2018, 05:14 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Funny how the Dimo's wanted Comey fired earlier then cried when he was ...blah,blah,blah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies