Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 11:33 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Stop lying its a GoPro press release no matter who reports on it.

GoPro press release :

https://investor.gopro.com/press-rel...a/default.aspx

GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRO) today announced that it plans to move most of its US-bound camera production out of China by the summer of 2019 to mitigate the potential impact of inclusion on any new tariff lists.
There is nothing in that press release or anywhere else that supports the claim that GoPro products "will be built in US factories" as the OP claimed. The OP first said that the CEO supplemented the announcement by making a statement that GoPro would be using US manufacturers for its products but then jettisoned that falsehood and instead claimed that the ZeroHedge article referenced a move to the US (also untrue). At this point, the OP is just using deflection to try to paper over her lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 11:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It was not a fabrication. It was based on an article linked. But you have made a dozen posts here trying to prove that something was wrong with it.

Why are you so against successes like this and look for everything you can to discredit it?
The title, and the claims within your link are fabrications. Then you have consistently intentionally misrepresented others positions throughout this discussion.

You have also claimed that the ZH article contained information about the announcing of moving those ops to the USA during an earnings call - which I cannot find anywhere in that article and you have, thus far, not provided.

That's a lot of fabrication, my friend. A much simpler, and more respectable, response would have simply been to say "Oops! It looks like you're right - I don't see anywhere else reporting them moving to the US, either." Instead you decided to double-down on your false information in a way that can only be seen as intentional.

I haven't tried to prove something is wrong with it, I (and others) have proven there's something wrong with it. Namely, there is no official word from GoPro that they are actually moving this work to the USA. If they don't move this work to the USA, how has this benefited our country?

Old 12-10-2018, 11:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post

You do Trump no favors by posting claims that you can't back up with facts. It gives fodder to those who do hate him. A better thread would have been about the low unemployment rate being at a 50-year low.
Hahaha
The Trump haters don't need me to fuel that for them. And my OP speaks for itself. It points to ZH and they say US factories. With that said, I've been called a liar and "Russian Spy" in this topic for it. I take note that you completely ignore this.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:42 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There is nothing in that press release or anywhere else that supports the claim that GoPro products "will be built in US factories" as the OP claimed. The OP first said that the CEO supplemented the announcement by making a statement that GoPro would be using US manufacturers for its products but then jettisoned that falsehood and instead claimed that the ZeroHedge article referenced a move to the US (also untrue). At this point, the OP is just using deflection to try to paper over her lies.
Any actual facts being reported are followed by all kinds of speculations. My point is this is a positive story for US trade. China is the loser no matter where GoPro moves as long as its out of China.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:44 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Quote:
Nope. Read the article linked. I clearly pointed to it as the source.
Their source is the same public press release on GoPro's website that everyone has pointed you to, which mentions nothing of the sort.

"According to a company press release, GoPro believes that a "diversified" approach to manufacturing could benefit its business regardless of whether more tariffs are implemented."

Given the official press release says nothing of manufacturing moving to the US, it is a complete and utter fabrication from them as your "source", and reinforced by you until proven otherwise.

In short: Your source is wrong and you continue to defend false information.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:54 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Any actual facts being reported are followed by all kinds of speculations. My point is this is a positive story for US trade. China is the loser no matter where GoPro moves as long as its out of China.
How is GoPro moving production out of China a "positive story for US trade"? Unless they start manufacturing in the USA (and there is no indication they will), at best this move is neutral to the US.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:55 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Afraid WaldoKitty is reaching again.

An article today states the following reservation with regard to any jobs GoPro is taking out of China:

There's an important omission, though: GoPro didn't give a destination for its US-oriented production. It's not necessarily going to the US, and history would suggest that you might not see stateside GoPro manufacturing. It's not just that labor costs can be less expensive abroad -- it's that GoPro might have access to a larger, more flexible workforce, not to mention partner companies and resources that are relatively close by. Like it or not, the tariffs don't necessarily provide a strong incentive for domestic production.

GoPro has reduced themselves down to 983 employees at the moment, with a great percentage overseas. These are the jobs WaldoKitty is talking about. I don't think we'll see any of them here.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
How does GoPro moving some un-quantified amount manufacturing out of China help the USA?

Old 12-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Their source is the same public press release on GoPro's website that everyone has pointed you to, which mentions nothing of the sort.

"According to a company press release, GoPro believes that a "diversified" approach to manufacturing could benefit its business regardless of whether more tariffs are implemented."

Given the official press release says nothing of manufacturing moving to the US, it is a complete and utter fabrication from them as your "source", and reinforced by you until proven otherwise.

In short: Your source is wrong and you continue to defend false information.
Don't forget he/she continues to attempt to malign everyone who simply points this out.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Trump still winning.

Electronics manufacturer Go Pro will move it's US product production from China to the USA due to Trump's economic policies that favor the American worker instead of the Chinese worker.

GoPro To Move Most US-Bound Production Out Of China
So, GoPro will continue manufacturing cameras for the Chinese market in China, while building cameras for the US market in the US. If anything, this would appear to validate Trump's argument that tariffs would lead to more domestically consumed products being manufacturing within the US. GoPro shares traded 2% higher in premarket trading on the news.
Per the actual articles, GoPro said they are moving their production out of China. They very deliberately didn't say WHERE they are moving that Production. It may be USA entirely, in part or not at all.

So there you go, trying to manufacture Fake News again. Why do conservatives put so much bias into news reporting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies