Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Or maybe she was lying. Have you ever considered that? Have you ever considered that some people, both male and female, lie for various reasons. Have you ever considered that it may just be that very fact that lead to the idea of "innocent until proven guilty"? Have you ever considered that without that idea, the only thing that would decide a case is who the best lier is? Regardless of the truth?
Anything is possible. But given all the crap she voluntarily went through to get the word out about him, I consider it unlikely she was lying.

Quote:
I have no idea what happened there. I was not present. And until someone can prove that it did happen, crucifixion is not the way to go. You cannot destroy a man's (or woman's) life based on what one person claims, with absolutely NO proof of her claim.
How many times did we go over this in the various threads on the topic? Yes, verbal testimony, in many cases, is sufficient evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No you thought wrong, conservatives wanted a conservative judge who would rule according to the Constitution of the United States instead of becoming a judicial activist on the bench, we got exactly what we wanted and you still don't understand what the SCOTUS is supposed to be about.
lol, sure. Technically they all rule according to the Constitution- sorta. "judicial activist" is a scary term for morons who think that SCOTUS judges don't interpret the Constitution in their own way. No one is fully unbiased. No one is a strict Constitutionalist or half the stuff that's legal now wouldn't be because it's not specifically spelled out in the Constitution.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Whatever you prefer to call it, is fine with me. If it was assault as opposed to actual "rape," it makes no difference to the argument. The claim here is whether he was willing and capable of acknowledging that he might have done something bad at that party. He was not capable of it.

Have you apologized for what you, Kavanaugh and other conservatives did to Ford and her family yet?
He doesn't believe that be was capable or willing to assault someone nor did he remember ever going to any such party or doing anything that she claimed took place, what's so surprising about that to you?

I have no intention of apologizing because I didn't do anything or say anything wrong. You on the other hand STILL have some notion that Kavanaugh is guilty and that his family deserved what liberals did to them. You should be mortified by your actions, it's embarrassing at the very least.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He doesn't believe that be was capable or willing to assault someone nor did he remember ever going to any such party or doing anything that she claimed took place, what's so surprising about that to you?
Oh don't worry, I have no doubt he says he wasn't capable of doing such a thing. But, that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Quote:
I have no intention of apologizing because I didn't do anything or say anything wrong. You on the other hand STILL have some notion that Kavanaugh is guilty and that his family deserved what liberals did to them. You should be mortified by your actions, it's embarrassing at the very least.
And I have no intention of apologizing because I didn't do anything or say anything wrong. You on the other hand STILL have some notion that Ford is guilty and her family deserved what conservatives did to them. You should be mortified by your actions, it's embarrassing at the very least.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
... has little else to offer conservative voters in Nebraska or Arkansas ...
And what does your ilk have to offer them. Tyranny via mob rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
... can turn the United States into a real lifesized Dickensian model where we all owe our souls to the company store ...
As opposed to owing our souls to the government? Yeah, great choice.

Let's see, I can either have the hours of my life bartered away to Bezos and McMillon, or I can have the hours of my life seized by the government. Yep... that's one hell of a choice I have there.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Oh don't worry, I have no doubt he says he wasn't capable of doing such a thing. But, that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

And I have no intention of apologizing because I didn't do anything or say anything wrong. You on the other hand STILL have some notion that Ford is guilty and her family deserved what conservatives did to them. You should be mortified by your actions, it's embarrassing at the very least.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

I'll have to live with the fact that Justice Kavanaugh took the very best lies and accusations that you disgusting people could throw at him and still won while you people will have to live with the fact that he's on the US Supreme Court until he dies or retires.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Anything is possible. But given all the crap she voluntarily went through to get the word out about him, I consider it unlikely she was lying.
Unlikely doesn't cut it. Proof beyond reasonable doubt is the way things work. One person making claims with no corroboration and no form of proof doesn't cut it, either. And accusing someone in a suddenly developed four-year-old-girl voice isn't enough, either. In fact, if anything, her performance that day did more to hurt her than help her. The lawyer made her look foolish. And she's supposed to be the psychologist.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Unlikely doesn't cut it. Proof beyond reasonable doubt is the way things work. One person making claims with no corroboration and no form of proof doesn't cut it, either. And accusing someone in a suddenly developed four-year-old-girl voice isn't enough, either. In fact, if anything, her performance that day did more to hurt her than help her. The lawyer made her look foolish. And she's supposed to be the psychologist.
Let's also not forgot that poor little Ford walked away with over a million dollars of Go Fund me money and whatever payoffs she got under the table from Democrats. This made up story was the best thing that ever happened to that her.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Unlikely doesn't cut it. Proof beyond reasonable doubt is the way things work.
This was discussed ad nauseum in the other threads. That is not how rape and similar assault cases are judged. The Supreme Court has ruled that a rape victim's testimony is sufficient for a guilty conviction.

I'm hoping I don't have to repeat that, but I probably will.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
This was discussed ad nauseum in the other threads. That is not how rape and similar assault cases are judged. The Supreme Court has ruled that a rape victim's testimony is sufficient for a guilty conviction.

I'm hoping I don't have to repeat that, but I probably will.
So then, potentially, a lie is all it requires to take down someone you don't like and put him behind bars for the rest of his life.

If that is the society you want to live in, then I feel sorry for you. Meanwhile, back in the real world, anyone with more than a milligram of sense would see the problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies