Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 05:52 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I think you fail to understand: The guy appeared to be a drunken sleazeball who raped a woman while drunk. It would not matter if he was perfectly ideologically aligned with every liberal in the US, he got the attacks he deserved.

A sleazeball is a sleazeball no matter the ideology.

Now, it would simply be funny if he turned out to be a liberal judge (or at least a moderate). That still wouldn't excuse what he did, it's just that it would be funny/ironic given the lengths republicans went to defend him.
Even if you believe that lewd story word-for-word - he never raped anyone and that was back in his college days. He apparently outgrew it and did not come close to raping any woman for decades. So this is a non-issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You must be mistaken because nothing you said has anything to do with the comment you replied to.

Will you apologize for what democrats and the left did to Justice Kavanaugh and his family?
Not only do they refuse to apologize for their unfounded smears, they continue to repeat them. Like I said, they are evil, despicable people who have no honor or integrity.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
I think you fail to understand: The guy appeared to be a drunken sleazeball who raped a woman while drunk. It would not matter if he was perfectly ideologically aligned with every liberal in the US, he got the attacks he deserved.
No you fail to understand, the only accuser who has not retracted and recanted their accusations against Justice Kavanaguh is the one person who couldn't remember when, where or who about the situation and the one person who came off looking like a complete nut job when put on the stand. We now know for a FACT that the accusations against Kavanaugh were lies that were peddled by Democrats trying to score political points. Every Democrat involved was a liar, they knew those women were lying and in some cases they even helped those women lie.

His family didn't deserve any of what went on, he certainly didn't deserve any of what was thrown at him and now we're left with exactly what those of us with functioning brains knew all along... a fair judge who isn't partisan.

You people were wrong and we were right the entire time about this man and now you people have the nerve to start posts like this which only prove that we were right the entire time. You people should be embarrassed by how utterly ignorant the Kavanaugh hearing made you look.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:58 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Even if you believe that lewd story word-for-word - he never raped anyone and that was back in his college days. He apparently outgrew it and did not come close to raping any woman for decades. So this is a non-issue.
Perhaps, but ... To be honest, the way he handled the whole issue was about as bad as he possibly could have. If he had said something like, "Well, I don't think I did that, but if I got drunk enough, perhaps I could have and didn't remember it. If I did that, I sincerely apologize." THAT would have been the classy way to handle it, and even I would have voted for him had I been a senator. But instead all he did was deny it in spite of evidence that, at least back then, he was certainly the kind of guy who might have done something like that.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, but ... To be honest, the way he handled the whole issue was about as bad as he possibly could have. If he had said something like, "Well, I don't think I did that, but if I got drunk enough, perhaps I could have and didn't remember it. If I did that, I sincerely apologize." THAT would have been the classy way to handle it, and even I would have voted for him had I been a senator. But instead all he did was deny it in spite of evidence that, at least back then, he was certainly the kind of guy who might have done something like that.
He told the truth, had he said anything close to what you said above the left would have attacked him even harder and insisted that he withdraw. Don't be stupid, we know exactly what the left wanted to happen, you guys didn't give a flying **** about getting the truth.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:02 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
He handled it the way I would have handled it if he was indeed innocent - fight back. You don't indulge people attacking you, you punch them back (figuratively speaking).

Old 12-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He told the truth, had he said anything close to what you said above the left would have attacked him even harder and insisted that he withdraw. Don't be stupid, we know exactly what the left wanted to happen, you guys didn't give a flying **** about getting the truth.
The poster you're talking to knows it, the Democrats in Congress know it, everyone with an IQ over 80 knows it.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:05 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
If someone accuses you of something, you turn bright red, cry, rant and rave, and say, "I like beer," a lot? Okay. LOL

Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 PM

I hope every liberal continuing to smear Kavanaugh even after the facts are out is falsely accused of rape and imprisoned for it. That would be karma.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
If someone accuses you of something, you turn bright red, cry, rant and rave, and say, "I like beer," a lot? Okay. LOL
You stand up for yourself and your family and you tell them to eat ****. You get emotional because of what you're being falsely accused of but you compose yourself and set the record straight. You realize that if you don't stand up for yourself that the left will continue to attack you and your family even after you back down. You give the liars the middle finger and you move on with the work at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies