Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Government shutdowns are a childish way to make a point. But I expect nothing less of Congress and this administration.
This.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He tried, so now he has to take a different path.

The dems are going to shut down the government (just as they did last time, even getting double what they asked for)....

Just HOW did he 'try'?

And we ALL know his promise wasn't to try and get Mexico to pay, it was that they would pay!

Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There's nothing to research. The wall will cost at least $28 billion and Mexico won't pay for it. And taxpayers don't want to pay a huge $28 billion to stroke Trump's ego yet again. Most illegal immigration is the result of visa overstays and because of this, the wall won't be effective, so it's pretty sound reasoning for Americans to be against its construction.

The research by Americans should be how effective are the good walls and what is the cost of it vs what illegal aliens cost us annually not to mention that criminals and terrorists are finding their way across our porous southern border. They are just too lazy or too bleeding hearts to care not to do so. There is not one sound reason not to build the wall already approved by congress back in 2006.

We'll see if Mexico reimburses us for it. I've also linked Trump's plan to make them do so. So building a wall to protect the American people is just stoking Trump's ego? WTH does that even mean?

No, most illegals came here through our southern border without visas. The visa over stayers just need to be dealt with in a different way. You don't ignore both problems.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:29 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No surprise it’s mostly along partisan lines, with only Republicans thinking he should hold firm on his $5 billion demand for a border wall, and Democrats and Independants believing it is not a high priority.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67533...sible-shutdown

WRONG! We want a secured border and if it means shutting down the federal government then so be it. These swamp creatures that want an open border think they are a lot more important then they really are.

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The research by Americans should be how effective are the good walls and what is the cost of it vs what illegal aliens cost us annually not to mention that criminals and terrorists are finding their way across our porous southern border. They are just too lazy or too bleeding hearts to care not to do so. There is not one sound reason not to build the wall already approved by congress back in 2006.

We'll see if Mexico reimburses us for it. I've also linked Trump's plan to make them do so. So building a wall to protect the American people is just stoking Trump's ego? WTH does that even mean?

No, most illegals came here through our southern border without visas. The visa over stayers just need to be dealt with in a different way. You don't ignore both problems.
Which terrorists crossed the Southern border on land?

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No surprise it’s mostly along partisan lines, with only Republicans thinking he should hold firm on his $5 billion demand for a border wall, and Democrats and Independants believing it is not a high priority.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67533...sible-shutdown
Most children don't want to eat their vegetables either. But the vegetables are good for them.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:31 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Government shutdowns are a childish way to make a point. But I expect nothing less of Congress and this administration.
Childish,eh? It's childish to have let this nanny get this big and fat. Shut it down then put it on a massive diet!

Old 12-11-2018, 09:31 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
It should be illegal for the gov to shut down at all, that is the most basic of the gov failing to do its job.

As for the border wall, waste of money, and certainly not something worth shutting the gov down over.

Not that I am against border security, my posting history has quite well established me as being very extreme on border security and cracking down hard on illegal immigrants. But I think the border wall will not stop illegal crossings as advertised, and will have a trivial impact on illegal immigration. That money can be put to use better.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:32 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Spin it......Oh look ……. everything is working like a top.

Dig in Trump !!! Your job is to protect the citizen.

The democrats see their job is to replace them.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:34 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It should be illegal for the gov to shut down at all, that is the most basic of the gov failing to do its job.

As for the border wall, waste of money, and certainly not something worth shutting the gov down over.

Not that I am against border security, my posting history has quite well established me as being very extreme on border security and cracking down hard on illegal immigrants. But I think the border wall will not stop illegal crossings as advertised, and will have a trivial impact on illegal immigration. That money can be put to use better.
100% agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies