Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 11:20 AM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have you heard ranchers whose land borders Mexico complaining and asking for a wall? No, you have not because they have a different relationship with these people than you do. The ranchers just want you to get back in your recliner turn on Fox and leave them the F alone.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...152402734.html

The article primarily focuses on areas that are very remote and/or a great distance from the main route for illegals to gain access to the U.S. which is the IH35 corridor. I don't think Trump is interested in constructing the wall through areas that don't require it, e.g. the Big Bend area.

That being said, we lease 18,000 acres 3 miles from the Mexican border and I can say from first hand experience, ranchers are bombarded by drug mules crossing their land. Not only that, illegals frequently steal vehicles (had that happen to us about a month ago), break into homes, etc. I have seen open graves and "rape trees" on the ranch we lease, as well. So yes, many ranchers are sick of it and support the wall.

The media along the border rarely report what is actually taking place because the cartels have a habit of killing reporters/journalists that dare to do so.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:25 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, and I've made those same points but not one anti-wall, anti-Trump person in here will answer those questions. Congress back then didn't even put "Mexico will pay for the wall" on the table back then as it was to be funded by the taxpayer and yet they are still complaining about the costs today but not then .....crickets in here.
Congress back then? There has never been a solid 800 mile long wall proposed, that is entirely Trump's idea.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
The article primarily focuses on areas that are very remote and/or a great distance from the main route for illegals to gain access to the U.S. which is the IH35 corridor. I don't think Trump is interested in constructing the wall through areas that don't require it, e.g. the Big Bend area.
That being said, we lease 18,000 acres 3 miles from the Mexican border and I can say from first hand experience, ranchers are bombarded by drug mules crossing their land. Not only that, illegals frequently steal vehicles (had that happen to us about a month ago), break into homes, etc. I have seen open graves and "rape trees" on the ranch we lease, as well. So yes, many ranchers are sick of it and support the wall.
The media along the border rarely report what is actually taking place because the cartels have a habit of killing reporters/journalists that dare to do so.
If that was common it would be reported. and FYI almost all drug trafficking occurs at ports of entry not by by people walking across the border.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm going by what Trump himself has said. "Mexico will pay for the wall". Of course, that is just one of the thousands of lies he has told since becoming president. And your $100 billion figure has been debunked.

Good Lord, do you have cotton between your ears? How many times do I have to explain the situation to you before you stop repeating yourself? I even posted a link denoting how Trump plans to make Mexico pay for it down the line. How has he lied? I've also pointed out to you numerous times that the wall would still be cost effective even if the taxpayer had to fund it. Congress didn't even try to make Mexico pay for it back in 2006. Where was your outrage back then when the taxpayer was going to have to pay for it?

No, the $100 billion figure has not been debunked by a viable source. Besides, regardless of the costs ensued by illegal aliens what part of the rule of law and our right to enforce our immigration laws and secure our border don't you get? That's the bottom line!!!

Old 12-14-2018, 11:28 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why is it "obvious"? What are the "controlling factors"?

If you are arguing that the incidence of uninsured motorists was already trending downward and just continued the trend, then - at absolute worst - the rates of uninsured motorists were unaffected by issuing licenses to illegal aliens, which still does not support your claim that giving them licenses would result in "millions" of additional uninsured drivers on the road.

I think I retracted "millions" many posts ago, give it a rest. If uninsured was trending down prior to licensing illegals, how is it not "obvious" there are other controlling factors than licensing illegals? Or do you think it was happening previously by magic?

Our side discussion began with me simply calling for removal of all the support for illegals that give make their lives easier and provide incentives for them to stay and others to come. You then began defending each of those items of support.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:29 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post

The liberal left just plain don't give a damn about any of that which is evidenced by their posts in here.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:30 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm going by what Trump himself has said. "Mexico will pay for the wall". Of course, that is just one of the thousands of lies he has told since becoming president. And your $100 billion figure has been debunked.

It has not, the alleged "debunk" selectively and incorrectly includes and excludes factors to promote an agenda. The cost of educating the kids of illegals alone is over $50 billion.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:34 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It has not, the alleged "debunk" selectively and incorrectly includes and excludes factors to promote an agenda. The cost of educating the kids of illegals alone is over $50 billion.
Not at all. The article pointed out that the $100M number was grossly flawed, as it included social spending on US citizens and did not take into account any economic activity generated by the immigrants - and those were just two of the multitude of glaring problems with that figure.

Education is almost exclusively funded by local property taxes, which are paid by illegal immigrants either directly or indirectly through their rent payments.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:47 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Not at all. The article pointed out that the $100M number was grossly flawed, as it included social spending on US citizens and did not take into account any economic activity generated by the immigrants - and those were just two of the multitude of glaring problems with that figure.

Education is almost exclusively funded by local property taxes, which are paid by illegal immigrants either directly or indirectly through their rent payments.
Does it take into the account the cost due to illegals breaking laws, such as identity theft, dui, the law enforcement cost and cost to the victim, jailing them, rising cost of housing for Americans, the resources they use up (water, electricity, gas, fuel), pollution, wear and tear on infrastructure, etc.

By the way, whatever the cost is not an excuse to keep them, they are illegal aliens.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:04 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If that was common it would be reported. and FYI almost all drug trafficking occurs at ports of entry not by by people walking across the border.

You would think so right?

Re illegals crossing the border:

An Arizona rancher has set up surveillance cameras on his property to film the number of immigrants, drug mules and human smugglers who he claims regularly use his property as a gateway to the United States. John Chilton, 79, managed to capture hours of footage of illegal immigrants crossing over the US-Mexico border onto his 50,000-acre property in Arivaca.
In a 25-minute video obtained by the Daily Caller, Chilton’s cameras show a steady stream of people, including some dressed in camouflage and brandishing guns, trespassing on his ranch.
The rancher said most of the surveillance videos were filmed this year, but some date back to 2016.
Chilton, who is a fifth-generation Arizona cattleman, is an outspoken Arizona backer of President Donald Trump’s efforts to secure the US-Mexico border.
He said he has long pushed the government to have more than a barbed-wire fence along the border.
Chilton said he set up the surveillance cameras to prove his point about the dangers of trespassers crossing over onto his property.
Some of the people captured trespassing on the property were carrying large backpacks and supplies, while others carried guns and guided horses.

https://therightscoop.com/arizona-ra...-his-property/

Video is in the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies