Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 04:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Nope. I've never said such a thing. In fact I've always maintained the opinion that it's better to leave him where he is. The damage he is causing to the Republican party is priceless. There isn't anyone in the opposition who could even come close to matching that. It's almost like he's working for OUR side. Nah, I say let him finish out his term. It'll ensure a complete Democratic takeover of the government in 2020.
Let's see.....
Quote:
He'll be lucky to make it to 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 04:35 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Seems to be some confusion of what I meant when I wrote that Trump will have to fight like mad to win a second term. I agree it is usually a fight to win the nomination or re election but Trump has a fight no one has had for awhile a serious challenge from his own party.Clinton did not have a faction in the democratic party that wanted to oust him and he did not face a primary challenger.

Same can be said about Bush/Obama the parties supported both the same can not be said about Trump and IMO he faces a bigger fight then others before him.

Really? Who is this challenger to Trump?

Old 12-11-2018, 05:52 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see.....

Yep he will be lucky. But that doesn't change the fact that I would prefer him to stay where he's at for the reasons I posted. Never once did I say that he would not survive to 2020.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Too early for crying out loud. Was Barry even on radar at this point in 2006?
Ever the birther, I see.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If he wins in 2020 some people will have to be medicated and locked in a padded room.
Namely, Mitch McConnell.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:50 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
After today's reality show in the WH, why would anyone vote for him.

He was so pissed off his BP must have shot up. His face turned so red you could see it through the fake tan.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:53 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Trump, ever confident of his ability to bend story lines to his will, mocks the investigations into his conduct as candidate and president as a "witch hunt" and insists he will survive the threats.

But a shift began to unfold over the weekend after prosecutors in New York for the first time linked Trump to a federal crime of illegal hush payments. That left some of his associates fearful that his customary bravado is unwarranted. For some Republicans, the implication that the president may have directed a campaign finance violation, which would be a felony, could foreshadow a true turning point in the Republican relationship with him when special counsel Robert Mueller releases his report on the Russia investigation.
Republicans beginning to worry about Trump re-election

Hmmm could the ORANGE-AID be wearing off some of the Morons on the Hill?

Donald Trump was never elected, he was selected by Russia.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:01 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Nope. I've never said such a thing. In fact I've always maintained the opinion that it's better to leave him where he is. The damage he is causing to the Republican party is priceless. There isn't anyone in the opposition who could even come close to matching that. It's almost like he's working for OUR side. Nah, I say let him finish out his term. It'll ensure a complete Democratic takeover of the government in 2020.
I don't know about a Democratic takeover in 2020, but if Republicans spend another two years defending Trump, they're toast.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:10 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Really? Who is this challenger to Trump?
There are none announced at this time but Kasich has been kicking up dust in Iowa. I think there will be others, are you telling us that Trump will not have any primary opponent?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
By 2020, anyone that doesn't have Trump's number is living in an alternate universe. This man literally cannot tell the truth--not one ounce of authenticity comes out of his mouth. He means nothing he says.

Trump's schtick only goes so far--it will never win another election--stale. He needs something real, and he hasn't got it. He's over his head, he knows it and I think he'll just be tired of looking foolish eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies