Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times

Advertisements

People are willing to experience some discomfort when others have real challenges - so they're okay with service animals. But comfort of the majority shouldn't take second place to those who are inconsiderate and selfish. People who insist they need emotional support animals are as self-centered as people who wear perfume / cologne when they're going to be in close quarters with others or on top of other people for more than a few minutes.

You sound like a sane, considerate pet owner. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 09:00 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why should animals be viewed as medical/psychological necessities?
I'm assuming you can reference cases where people have died from not having their pet goat sitting next to them in public venues or at least research proving animals are medically necessary for what disorder exactly?
That poster was being sarcastic, but if you're asking in general (not just emotional support animals), there are many examples even outside the obvious seeing-eye dogs - like diabetic alert, seizure alert, and mobility dogs. While I don't claim my dog to be a service or ESA animal, he has on more than one occasion saved me from a nasty fall.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Serious question: As a charter airline, are you allowed to deny SERVICE animals? I mean 100% legitimate ones, like guide dogs for the blind.
Not an airline. People can charter my plane but subject to my approval. If it doesn’t meet my approval, oops, plane broke, down for maintenance. Prove otherwise. Or I decide I am going somewhere and plane not available. Prove otherwise.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:26 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,961,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not an airline. People can charter my plane but subject to my approval. If it doesn’t meet my approval, oops, plane broke, down for maintenance. Prove otherwise. Or I decide I am going somewhere and plane not available. Prove otherwise.
That's not what she asked you. If someone who is totally blind and relies on a guide dog wants to charter your plane, why would you turn them down? A trained service dog is a lot different than a fake ESA.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:50 PM

36,587 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That poster was being sarcastic, but if you're asking in general (not just emotional support animals), there are many examples even outside the obvious seeing-eye dogs - like diabetic alert, seizure alert, and mobility dogs. While I don't claim my dog to be a service or ESA animal, he has on more than one occasion saved me from a nasty fall.
Those are service animals.
What actual assistance does say a peacock provide?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's not what she asked you. If someone who is totally blind and relies on a guide dog wants to charter your plane, why would you turn them down? A trained service dog is a lot different than a fake ESA.
What did I say? My plane is not an airline. It can be available for charter subject to my approval. No pets, no exceptions.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,598,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Those are service animals.
What actual assistance does say a peacock provide?
I could be wrong, but my guess would be attention.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM

15,651 posts, read 10,413,163 times
I've flown with my animals four times for relocation. All my beloved dogs flew in the cargo area. My cats flew with me under the seat in an airline approved carrier for full fare, not as service animals. The cost was high to fly all my animals, but they were not "service animals". People who take advantage of airline service animals policy are inconsiderate of other passengers.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Can you imagine a dog or cat taking a dump on a plane that is in the air on long flights.
I would never ever put my pet on a plane.
Cat urine is the worst smell and extremely difficult to clean up!!!!

Old 12-13-2018, 07:01 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,635,434 times
Why all the over-the-top vileness............do people actually HATE the living-tools that help people get out and about to live their lives? Do you hate emotional-comfort-KITTEHS, do you hate seeing-eye-dogs, do you hate seizure-alerting-miniature-horses, do you hate psychological-support-goats, do you hate...........the list could go on and on, why not see these living-tools for the necessity they are!?!?!?!?

Are we going to rip-away emotional-comfort-animals, and similar, just to spite people who would be emotionally and physically devastated without them????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies