Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Why all the over-the-top vileness............do people actually HATE the living-tools that help people get out and about to live their lives? Do you hate emotional-comfort-KITTEHS, do you hate seeing-eye-dogs, do you hate seizure-alerting-miniature-horses, do you hate psychological-support-goats, do you hate...........the list could go on and on, why not see these living-tools for the necessity they are!?!?!?!?

Are we going to rip-away emotional-comfort-animals, and similar, just to spite people who would be emotionally and physically devastated without them????
Those people need severe mental therapy.

Animals and livestock don’t belong in the cabin of an aircraft.

And I know sarcasm when I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 07:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's not what she asked you. If someone who is totally blind and relies on a guide dog wants to charter your plane, why would you turn them down? A trained service dog is a lot different than a fake ESA.
To be fair very few have issue with such service animals.
Its the fraud claiming her Peacock is a comfort animal. Or the Idiot who thinks that a 300 pound potbelly pig is a comfort animal.

Its a tough world. I am always willing to facilitate the disabled as much as is possible or reasonable. The issue is that there are far too many fakers, frauds or attention seekers who are demanding special consideration.

T-310 seems like a reasonable person, but I support his right to deny service. An aircraft is a very expensive machine. Worse still it isn't as if you can just pull over if there is a disruptive event on the plane.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:16 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:

Are we going to rip-away emotional-comfort-animals, and similar, just to spite people who would be emotionally and physically devastated without them????
I sure don't hate, or even dislike animals. In fact I like them more than people who put them in unsuitable situations (restaurants, retail stores, airplanes).

And it's certainly not to spite anyone. But the animal has no choice. Use other options.

Last edited by branDcalf; 12-13-2018 at 08:37 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 07:30 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What did I say? My plane is not an airline. It can be available for charter subject to my approval. No pets, no exceptions.
Service dogs are not pets. They are medical equipment.

Gizmo asked you the following:

Quote:
are you allowed to deny SERVICE animals? I mean 100% legitimate ones, like guide dogs for the blind.
Again, keep in mind that service dogs ARE NOT PETS.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:35 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Its the fraud claiming her Peacock is a comfort animal. Or the Idiot who thinks that a 300 pound potbelly pig is a comfort animal.

Its a tough world. I am always willing to facilitate the disabled as much as is possible or reasonable. The issue is that there are far too many fakers, frauds or attention seekers who are demanding special consideration.

T-310 seems like a reasonable person, but I support his right to deny service. An aircraft is a very expensive machine. Worse still it isn't as if you can just pull over if there is a disruptive event on the plane.
You need to read the actual exchange. The question was asked if T-310 also discriminates against legitimate service animals, like a seeing eye dog. The only answer thus far is "no pets, no exceptions " Service dogs are not pets, they are medical equipment, carefully selected for proper temperament and task-trained. All things an ESA is NOT required to be.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:54 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
All service dogs should be allowed everywhere any other car or dog should be small enough to be placed in a carrier under a seat, NO holding the animal for “emotional support”. I love dogs , I have one but he can’t go everywhere.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Why all the over-the-top vileness............do people actually HATE the living-tools that help people get out and about to live their lives? Do you hate emotional-comfort-KITTEHS, do you hate seeing-eye-dogs, do you hate seizure-alerting-miniature-horses, do you hate psychological-support-goats, do you hate...........the list could go on and on, why not see these living-tools for the necessity they are!?!?!?!?

Why are you lumping emotional comfort kittens with seeing eye dogs? EVERYONE here has stated they have no problem with service animals. And service animals do help the blind, people with seizures, people with ptsd.

If a person has a legitimate problem, they should get a service animal, but that's not what this is about. This is about beating the system because either they don't want to pay to transport their pet or they're socially retarded.

My question in return is - why are you so upset / on the defensive about our opinions? Are you a person who tries to beat the system in this manner?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Correct. Airlines are a for profit enterprise moving people and as such are bound by certain rules and laws.

I am not bound by their laws and rules because my aircraft, a 1985 Piper PA-31t Cheyenne II, is not a for profit enterprise. Thus I can be choosy about who leases it.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:43 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why are you lumping emotional comfort kittens with seeing eye dogs? EVERYONE here has stated they have no problem with service animals. And service animals do help the blind, people with seizures, people with ptsd.

If a person has a legitimate problem, they should get a service animal, but that's not what this is about. This is about beating the system because either they don't want to pay to transport their pet or they're socially retarded.

My question in return is - why are you so upset / on the defensive about our opinions? Are you a person who tries to beat the system in this manner?

Because, I am an advocate for people being enabled to live their lives in as normal of a manner as possible.

An emotional-support-KITTEH can be and many times IS just as necessary as something like a
seeing-eye-dog. People in needs of these psychological/emotional/physical crutches would absolutely crumble, sometimes die, without these living-tools that fulfill many different needs!

Old 12-14-2018, 10:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Because, I am an advocate for people being enabled to live their lives in as normal of a manner as possible.

An emotional-support-KITTEH can be and many times IS just as necessary as something like a
seeing-eye-dog. People in needs of these psychological/emotional/physical crutches would absolutely crumble, sometimes die, without these living-tools that fulfill many different needs!
They should get a support dog, in that case. If their situation is as dire as you describe, they need a support dog.

What the heck is a KITTEH? I thought it was a typo in your other post but since you've used it more than once, I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies