Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 11:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Really? It was awful. Trump kept repeating himself and it was embarrassing that all 3 were arguing in front of the whole world.

All Trump peeps seem so angry, bullying, and tacky. What is your problem that you love this tacky, ignorant man?
Why?

I don't like Trump, and I usually disagree with him, but his best moment was when he said "It's called transparency, Nancy". He got both Pelosi and Schumer to say on camera that they wanted to take the debate behind closed doors. Few so called pundits seemed to care that, on this particular issue, Schumer and Pelosi were pulling away from a nod toward transparency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 11:31 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There have always been stories about Hillary's B.O. even when she was a college student with unshaven legs and armpits. Maybe that's how she kept Bill away in the bedroom.

Bill's mother reportedly didn't like Hillary.

Bill's reported reply to his mother "Mom, I need someone I can talk to" (meaning, 'you may like some of the others, but they don't stimulate nor match my intellect..and Hillary does both').

Old 12-12-2018, 12:49 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is a good point, he was largely held in check for two years. I always get a chuckle out of people saying
"he's getting things done", what on earth has this man accomplished in two years? He passed a tax cut for billionaires. That's it.
No, he passed a tax cuts for more than 80% of tax payers.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:56 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So it's okay if he shuts down the government because he doesn't get his wittle way? I hope they stick to their guns. This wall is just a huge talking point and a matter of pride for him. He couldn't care less about the safety of the citizens of this country. Both sides need to come together and work on immigration reform.

Completely agree, except that the use of the word, "pride" is an oxymoron, in a sentence about Trump. In his case, the word should be preceded by "false".

Old 12-12-2018, 01:05 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
He is determined to make good on a campaign promise. I know that Dems never got that from the last Schmo, but our guy actually listened to what the people who voted for him wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It’s a vanity project.

And Trump's ego is a mile wide and a millimeter deep.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:06 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
This is really interesting. It's a rare example of someone managing to denigrate Trump a bit in his own style, with a degree of rudeness that might not have been accepted a half-dozen years ago - yet Pelosi doesn't stoop to his level of vulgarity and meanness.

“It goes to show you: you get into a tinkle contest with a skunk, you get tinkle all over you.”

And then, Pelosi went for the most sensitive part of Trump’s ego. “It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him,” she deadpanned. “This wall thing.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/11/pelosi-disses-trumps-manhood-white-house-meeting-1057607

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/pelosi-brings-trump-manhood-says-meeting-him-was-tinkle-contest-n946736
I am liking her more and more now❤️❤️👍👍👍

Old 12-12-2018, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Talking about his manhood isn't vulgar.

Ok.

Once again: We don't care if the left thinks he is rude or mean, he's getting things done despite all the carrying on about every little thing he does by the left. We didn't vote for him because he was a kind little kitten, we voted for him because we knew he wouldn't back down. Forcing Pelosi and Schumer to talk in front of the cameras this morning is exactly the type of thing we expected, wanted, and are getting from him.
Well he’s always bragging about how he grab women’s you know.... so it’s high time a woman question is manhood and how small his hands are.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
First of all, it will be the Democrats and/or Trump shutting down the government, but they are already trying to get their propaganda arm of the MSM to call it a "Trump shutdown".

Second, the part I bolded is where you and others go too far. You may not like Trump and his supporters might not like you, but the vast majority of Americans (on either side of the ideological perspective) care about the safety of our citizens.
Heck the federal governments primary responsibility is to provide for our safety.
So we can civilly disagree about the best way to stop illegal aliens, especially those who are criminals and/or those intending on jumping on the social services gravy train, but lets have a little common sense and be respectful enough to give each other the benefit of the doubt regarding something we can all agree upon.

`
Yes we can all agree that a wall can be build.....with Mexico’s money.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
He is determined to make good on a campaign promise. I know that Dems never got that from the last Schmo, but our guy actually listened to what the people who voted for him wanted.
Yeah....he also promised to make Mexico pay for it....hows that working out for you?

Old 12-12-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Yes. The 2019 Repub majority Senate will have all the information they need from the Congressional investigations into Spygate to start the criminal referrals after January 1. They have hundreds of bills waiting to be passed and hundreds of conservative judges to appoint. Those judges will still be there after Trump finishes two terms. They'll be able to screw the next Dem president if there is one, like the left wing judges have done to Trump.
Tin foil hat on too tight I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies