Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:08 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,233,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do you happen to have a link to back this up?

If not, we will all assume you just made it up.
Nope, there was a thread on this board about Immigration to the US being down and the overall theme from the libs was that no one wants to come here as long as Trump is president and how more people want to immigrate to Canada because it is so welcoming and better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 11:20 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,352,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Despite what liberals would have us believe, the US is still by far the most desired nation for potential immigrants to aspire to, by a rather wide margin!

In addition, despite what liberals would have us believe, the US remains an extremely welcoming nation to immigrants. In fact, since 2012, the percentage of Americans who view immigration as a good thing has risen from 66% to 75%.

In conclusion, despite what liberals would have you believe, we don't suck!

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...dlines-suggest

Can't convince me in 2018. When the orange leader is in power the American Dream is dying a slow death.

I can tell you that if people knew what the USA was actually like before they traveled there they would avoid the country like a hot bed of coals. When the migrant does not know the current situation of protectionism, anti-immigrant policies, rampant gun use and heated racist problems there today they foolishly select USA. There is evidence by the phenomena of American refugees running to Canada. And look at how the Hondurans are treated. They were misguided to think they would be welcome. Why weren't those people given a heads up long before they arrived at the US border?

Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,233,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Can't convince me in 2018. When the orange leader is in power the American Dream is dying a slow death.

I can tell you that if people knew what the USA was actually like before they traveled there they would avoid the country like a hot bed of coals. When the migrant does not know the current situation of protectionism, anti-immigrant policies, rampant gun use and heated racist problems there today they foolishly select USA. There is evidence by the phenomena of American refugees running to Canada. And look at how the Hondurans are treated. They were misguided to think they would be welcome. Why weren't those people given a heads up long before they arrived at the US border?
Ladies and Gentlemen, Exhibit 'A'.

Comparing the US to a hot bed of coals. Lol!!!

Old 12-12-2018, 12:55 PM

628 posts, read 660,160 times
Wow, breaking news, White and Asian countries are preferred to all others. Stay tuned for more shocking news next!

Folks, race and evolution are real things.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM

29,078 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Even Saudia Arabia beats the US in many standards. They have zero homeless, no crime, people are fairly friendly there, free healthcare, free college, cheap gas, most ppl work much less hours and spend a lot of free time relaxing at the beach. Plenty of restaurants serving up all kinds of food and shopping. Very modern cities.

The weather is brutal hot in the summer, but everyone has air conditioning, and it is mild in the 70s during the winter. The notion that everyone is a terrorist there and you are forced to convert to Islam is completely false.

All true unless you are gay, transgender or a woman. Although, I think this year or next women will be able to drive on their own.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:

Sorry, the Orange Bad Man has or had nothing to do with this. The Dream started it's slow death roll in the 70's.

Do you even know any immigrants ? I know several families from different countries and they absolutely love it here , and am floored how stupid a certain side is. Many have told me that they left **** hole countries and we have Americans born here that want to turn this one into the same type of **** hole they came from.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,573,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
All true unless you are gay, transgender or a woman. Although, I think this year or next women will be able to drive on their own.
Or if you a Journalist for the Washington Post.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:35 PM

14,136 posts, read 4,513,676 times
Quote:

My parents are LEGAL immigrants. My wife is also a LEGAL immigrant who arrived to US 10 months ago. They love it here.

Also, what "phenomena of American refugees running to Canada"? Can you be more specific?

Old 12-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Or if you a Journalist for the Washington Post.

Absolutely correct on that one !

Old 12-12-2018, 01:48 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Yeah, you also have much higher taxes, much higher cost of living (look at the cost of homes and apartments in Europe), much higher cost of car ownership, less space, abysmal customer service, and fewer choices with pretty much everything compared to the US.
He said Australia. Europeans prefer to move to Australia as opposed to US. Can't blame them, since Australia is like a giant Florida, and Florida is the best US has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies