Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?
Are you serious? By this ridiculous logic, why should anyone oppose anything anyone says?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 08:40 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?
He promised to get Mexico to build the wall. So why is he including the cost in the national budget?

Why are deplorables cursed with such poor memory?

Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Trump made it very clear from day 1 that he was going to build the Wall. He repeated it frequently during speeches and rallies throughout his campaign. It was his defining, signature issue.
No it isn't. And you can search my post history to see what was. Here's one example. I said this all the way back to 2015. This one from just after the election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. People voted for Trump because of
  • Jobs
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Terrorism
  • Pointless Wars of Choice
  • Crooked politicians paid off by corporations and brutal dictatorships
  • Inner city crime.
I said these were the reasons that Trump would win. I was proven correct.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
they will when Schumer and Pelosi crumble at Trump's feet soon.
Dream on, if yesterday's televised fight is any indication. You orange two scoop donnie boy will have a very bad time going forward come january.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:47 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Dream on, if yesterday's televised fight is any indication. You orange two scoop donnie boy will have a very bad time going forward come january.
the mere fact that Dems are bringing back 80 year old Pelosi as their leader shows how feckless the Party has become. Trump can bully those 2 ineffective clowns into submission.

watch and learn

Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Trump made it very clear from day 1 that he was going to build the Wall. He repeated it frequently during speeches and rallies throughout his campaign. It was his defining, signature issue.

So, everybody who voted for Trump knew that he was going to build the Wall if he was elected President.
Everyone who uses terms like "everyone" doesn't understand voting or the general populace.

Do you really think the miner in WV cares about The Wall? Why? How about the Republicans in NH, VT or Maine? They could care less.

They bought one of his other lies or always vote straight GOP no matter what.

Exit polling in the 2016 shows the economy as the #1 issue, 4X the strength of immigration.

No doubt among TRUMP voters, a minority of the voters and population, that immigration issues were larger. But immigration doesn't mean The Wall. That means having Comprehensive Reform made into law.

For example, Texas should do E-verify. They don't, yet they voted for Trump in droves. Not a single person can explain that to me - why wouldn't Texas want to clamp down on millions of undoc workers?

When you explain that to me I might understand more.

As it stands, it seems like "the wall" is like a cross, deity or some other symbolism and that Republicans are fine with Texas GOPers using millions of undoc immigrants.

To say it in the Texas manner, all hat and no cattle. Prove you have cattle and we'll talk.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
if he can get Mexico to pay for the wall like he promised in 2016, I fully support it.

But billions of our tax dollars? No.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 AM

Congressional Democrats have opposed a “stand-alone” E-Verify bill

Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
He promised to get Mexico to build the wall. So why is he including the cost in the national budget?

The ends is ALWAYS worth any means in the minds of Authoritarians.

Many said the biggest issue was "life" - others said they were going to roll back the Military-Industrial Complex (the swamp and deep state).

Basically they have proven that they value words more than action. Not only do they value words and symbols, but they are willing to thrown EVERYTHING (Our constitution, system of government, environment, economy, etc.) under the bus for Bigly Words.

That's nothing to brag about IMHO.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Obama promised the Affordable Care Act would be affordable. Should we totally do away with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies