Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 10:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Obama's healthcare reform during a deep recession when millions of people were out of work forced people like me to pay for insurance I couldn't afford, with deductibles so high I couldn't even get healthcare. That's not healthcare reform, or affordable. He had a super-majority. Why did he pass something that foisted that on me, a lower middle-class person who was never eligible for subsidies.
that is YOUR fault.

YOU keep voting RED, and that is why YOUR state failed to provide YOU the same benefits MY state would give to me...

do YOU understand Katy, if were not earning a lot and lived in state like WA you would get a massive discount on your insurance bill.

let me repeat that for ya katy..

If you stop voting red you would get the same get treatment AMERICANS in LIBERAL states get under obamacare.....

ie instead of paying 1000 2000 per month for a family, you would be paying a mere fraction of that, 100, 200 etc depending various issues.

The only reason you were not eligible is because you earned over 100 k a year or lived in a red state that hates you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump made it very clear from day 1 that he was going to build the Wall. He repeated it frequently during speeches and rallies throughout his campaign. It was his defining, signature issue.

So, everybody who voted for Trump knew that he was going to build the Wall if he was elected President.
At Mexico's expense. You left out that little tidbit.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?
That’s it? That is the only reason they voted for him? One thing? Cons really are the simpletons I knew they were.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:18 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

But who was going to pay for the wall? Mexico!

Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, not exactly the reason why I voted for him.
Thanks for being honest.

Most of those people that are Republican voted for him because he is Republican.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:29 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Do Democrats understand that the main reason Trump got elected POTUS was to build the Mexican Border Wall?

Actually, the main reason he was elected, was to be "a new sheriff in town", expressly brought in to stop the constant abuses, lies, and illegal legislation of the Democrats. A gunslinger to challenge, fight, and wipe out the bad guys. Nobody has to like the gunslinger, or even believe he is going to be fair. In fact the voters want him to be every bit as unfair as the Democrats have, and beat them at it, and get rid of them.

Once the gunslinger hired in an old-west town was finished and the bad guys driven out or relegated to irrelevance, the voters probably won't want him around any more, and will likely get rid of him. But for eight years, they DO want him running things... because he's there to stop people who are a lot worse.

And by the way, they also want him to build the Wall.

But make no mistake, the reason they elected him, was because he said "I will build the border wall, no matter whether the Democrats like it or not."

The voters liked his wall. But they liked his attitude even more. And that's why he was elected.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Do Democrats understand that the main reason Trump got elected POTUS was to build the Mexican Border Wall?

Quote:

Do Trumplings grasp that tRump's GOP completely owns the federal govt?

They don't need squat from Dems to build their wall.

They've had two years so far and haven't even as much as laid the first brick.

How come they're stalling?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:35 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the mere fact that Dems are bringing back 80 year old Pelosi as their leader shows how feckless the Party has become. Trump can bully those 2 ineffective clowns into submission.

watch and learn
Did you see that video? They walked all over him.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:54 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
But who was going to pay for the wall? Mexico!

Here we go again!!!!

Old 12-12-2018, 12:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:

Lots of people voted for Obama because he said he would close Guantanamo.

How’d that work out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies