Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
And you're not a blind partisan?
Check the history champ. I've diverted from standard leftist/Democrat positions plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 11:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I don't work for you and will make my own decisions ? You might want to read it yourself or pick another spy novel. Where is the evidence and the money transactions supporting the accusation of funneling money. Not even talking about it nor is it the focus of the link. Clickbait title !!!

From the link :

“I think in some ways it’s a classic love story,” Driscoll said. “I think [reporters] are filling in a lot of the gaps with a lot of spy novels.”
Have you ever read an article about her?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
The NRA vouched for Maria Butina so she could enter the United States!

Holy crap!

https://twitter.com/CRNHealthcare/st...86742593658883

Old 12-12-2018, 11:50 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So, before they invade us, Russia's tactic is to get Republican's elected so they can enact laws that favor more guns. That's one hell of a conspiracy theory.
The tactic is to divide the country. Guns are a lightning rod.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:55 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Assuming these accusations are truthful, how did the Russia affect the 2016 Presidential Election?

Really?

OK, let's assume for a moment that Trump is 100% innocent here. Everyone knows that's not true, but let's just pretend for a moment.

Russia has been undeniably linked to instigating fake news via social media that has hurt BOTH PARTIES. More-so in favor of Trump than against, but their real goal was more about sewing discontent and distrust. And it worked. Look at the base of people now who believe that the FBI is just Democratic yes-men. Look at the number of people who believe the mainstream media is the enemy of the people. Look at how many people are holding onto arguments based on "gotcha technicalities", rather than subscribing to any set of values.

And for the record, it applies to people on both sides of the aisle. If you think I'm talking about "you" (whoever that might be), then it's because you are projecting these things onto yourself.

In short, Russia definitely affected the 2016 Presidential election, and more importantly, more alarmingly, they've affected the American Narrative for everything political that has happened since, and into the future for a long time.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Nowadays, the same results can be achieved against a free society with a clever 'Facebook' type media and disinformation campaign.
However the disinformation campaign may equally be caused by a set of disparate events, that are furtively tied together from some group to appear to be something they're not, for political gain.

Everything you're saying about Russian involvement in X, Y, and Z, may not be anything malign, and may have been happening for years without any issue. However, point a finger and start screaming interference and watch the cockroaches scuttle.

I don't know who is running a disinformation campaign, as of now, maybe no one, it may have reached McCarthy level critical mass. However it's as likely not Russia as it is Russia.

It's wise to be cautious, before there is another round of McCarthyism once again feeding innocent people into the flames of public opinion.

Just sayin...

Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
let me guess. you are one of those conspiracy kooks with bifocals who lives in an apartment that cluttered with books, magazines, newspapers and trash and a computer. and you keep your door bolted shut and look through the door crack when someone knocks.
"Let me present this scenario that I made up in my head to feel better!"

Old 12-12-2018, 12:13 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Trump, the NRA? What other people or organizations do the Democrats HATE and want to take down?

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity better watch out before they get tied to some Russian Democrat orchestrated scandal..

Old 12-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Really?

OK, let's assume for a moment that Trump is 100% innocent here. Everyone knows that's not true, but let's just pretend for a moment.

Russia has been undeniably linked to instigating fake news via social media that has hurt BOTH PARTIES. More-so in favor of Trump than against, but their real goal was more about sewing discontent and distrust. And it worked. Look at the base of people now who believe that the FBI is just Democratic yes-men. Look at the number of people who believe the mainstream media is the enemy of the people. Look at how many people are holding onto arguments based on "gotcha technicalities", rather than subscribing to any set of values.

And for the record, it applies to people on both sides of the aisle. If you think I'm talking about "you" (whoever that might be), then it's because you are projecting these things onto yourself.

In short, Russia definitely affected the 2016 Presidential election, and more importantly, more alarmingly, they've affected the American Narrative for everything political that has happened since, and into the future for a long time.

....and the Lefty media is going right along with Putins plan to divide sew "discontent and distrust" in America. Who is it that hammers of Trump 24/7 hyping everything he does or doesn't do from his 2 scoops of ice cream to his want to protect the border. It is all reported with a negative twist to fulfill their narrative that Trump is unfit to serve.

Putin is enjoying this.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The NRA vouched for Maria Butina so she could enter the United States!

Holy crap!

https://twitter.com/CRNHealthcare/st...86742593658883

Ahhhh Soooo What?

The Dems have been vouching for thousands of "asylum seeking refugees" would be illegal aliens at the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies