Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

The number of employers who intend their group plans exclude BC , is statistically insignificant.

Makes me wonder how the maternity rates / family coverage of these employers compare to others in the same sectors who include BC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 12:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Thanks Nancy !!! We passed it and many years later are still finding out what's in it.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:02 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't think this was about money. You should understand this knowing the groups who started the lawsuit.
Yes, it's about controlling women's rights and punishing them for having sex.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Medicare pays for penile implants for men who cannot get an erection!
Those who receive Medicare have pre-paid into it for decades (usually about 40 years), PLUS they pay monthly premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and must buy a separate policy on top of that if they want prescription benefits. Get back to me when the same is true of Medicaid recipients (who never have to pay any of that) who demand free contraceptives.

Why do people not think of that?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:05 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Using contraceptives is the responsible thing to do for couples who do not wish to have more children.
They can buy their own contraceptives.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you have a better idea to reduce unwanted pregnancies? It seems common sense that to reduce number of abortions is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. It is something pro-life people should support, not oppose. Like I said, I get it that Catholics are against contraceptives (regardless who pays for them), and that's cool. No one should be forced to use them, but to fight to have them removed from the insurance seems like just a move to control their members. Why not let the individual decide if they want to use them or not.

The "let them buy their own contraceptives" has been the US policy for decades, and we have had a very high rate of unwanted pregnancies. However, we saw a 18% decline since contraceptives were included in insurance plans. For those of us who are pro-life for non-political reasons, that is very good news.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-14-2018 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-14-2018, 07:21 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Court partially blocks Trump administration rules allowing some employers to deny birth control coverage

A divided panel of a federal appeals court in California on Thursday partially upheld a decision blocking a set of rules from the Trump administration that allowed some employers to deny insurance coverage of birth control because of religious or moral reasons.
The rules, issued by the Department of Health and Human Services in October 2017, vastly expanded the range of companies that could opt out of an Affordable Care Act mandate that required employers to cover contraception at no cost for the employee.

In December 2017, California and three other states filed a lawsuit over the rules, and a lower court issued a nationwide preliminary injunction blocking the rules from taking effect. Thursday’s decision, from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, upheld that decision — but only in the five states that sued, California, Delaware, Maryland, New York and Virginia.

In a 2-1 decision, the panel of judges held that the Department of Health and Human Services enacted its rules without the notice and comment period required by federal law. But the judges concluded that the scope of the preliminary injunction was overly broad “and that the district court abused its discretion in that regard,” Judge J. Clifford Wallace wrote.

The panel ruled that it was “reasonably probable” that the five states would suffer irreparable economic harm by the rules but that the facts in the case did not sufficiently demonstrate a nationwide detrimental impact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...=.528c8936e8be

Old 12-14-2018, 07:21 AM

937 posts, read 927,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not just used as a contraceptive

Old 12-14-2018, 07:27 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's a small plank, but that's OK.

Christian groups win Obamacare birth control battle

Christian organizations do not need to comply with Obamacare's birth control mandate, a federal judge ruled Tuesday.

Judge Philip Brimmer of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado ordered that the federal government cannot enforce the provision, which obligates employers to pay for health insurance for their workers that covers all forms of contraception without a copay.

The birth control mandate was created as an outgrowth of Obamacare. The law was written to allow the Department of Health and Human Services to decide what type of preventive care health insurance plans should cover without a copay, and the Obama administration determined that all forms of birth control should be included.

The obligation previously had exemptions for houses of worship, but not for companies that had closely held religious beliefs. Those who didn't comply would be fined, and after the Supreme Court asked the Obama administration to find a work-around, groups again challenged them in court.

Purchase your own contraception, or find someone willing to donate. It is not a matter in which the government should be involved.
OK, would you rather add a bunch more children on welfare? Abortion numbers are way down. Contraception limits unwanted pregnancy. Better to allow women to control their fertility than to have millions of unwanted, poor children. Come on into the 21st century!

Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,245,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
OK, would you rather add a bunch more children on welfare? Abortion numbers are way down. Contraception limits unwanted pregnancy. Better to allow women to control their fertility than to have millions of unwanted, poor children. Come on into the 21st century!
EXACTLY... Most extremist here are as religions in this situation as my little finger......
I get a kick out extremist who think non-obamacare plans are greatly superior. If you lived thru good jobs with insurance in the 80s 90s..... ALL WAS COVERED. Why would I love the choices my employer choses for me today in exclusions, hundreds to thousands in deductibles and some doctor visits not covered?

I don't get it. I'm sure some extremist citing paying for contraceptives and planned parenthood type groups .... THEY REALLY WANT MORE CHILDREN BORN TO THE POOREST SEGMENT AND IMMIGRANTS.... To me THEY'RE -- H Y P O C R I T E S -- I'd think they want them people to have NO OR LESS CHILDREN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies