Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
SHT happens you and I know.
The wife’s bills after having a stroke that stopped her heart leaving her with severe brain trauma came to 400k. About 380k paid by BCBS of NJ. Insurance is a must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 567,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Never happen. I have assets that can be liquidated. Easily. I can pay my way and I expect other responsible people to do the same. Those that expect others to carry them should be culled from the herd.
Never say never. God sees what you write!

Not everyone may be fortunate enough to be having savings money.
Healthcare is expensive in this country.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:09 PM

45,216 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post

God sees you are robbing paul to pay for peters healthcare. You are also supporting the great federal Caesar in his efforts to interfere in everyones health care.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post

I could have sold my house and liquidated my 401k. I think insurance is a better option. I pay for home insurance too even though the house is paid for.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:29 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Remember when the Right championed "skin in the game" and then instantly - when skin in the game was passed - spent billions and untold amounts of time fighting against it?

Who could make such things up?
Remember when the Left championed making corporations pay their fair share? Corporations currently foot more than 55% of all healthcare in this nation, now suddenly you want to let them off the hook?

What gives?

Old 12-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Remember when the Left championed making corporations pay their fair share? Corporations currently foot more than 55% of all healthcare in this nation, now suddenly you want to let them off the hook?

What gives?
Yes, at some point corporate interests and those favoring the poor are going to screw the working man.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:45 PM

1,705 posts, read 537,958 times
Having corps paying for workers insurance is stifling competition, innovation, public safety and health.

Corps, even though they don´t want to pay for it, have HUUGE leverage over workers who might not find other jobs with health insurance. They will accept whatever the company demands as long as they and their family is covered.

By shifting the burden of healthcare from the private market to the public market, the US would save 6-7% of GDP... EACH YEAR.
And everybody would be insured, for any eventuality, for their life.. and they could start their own business, find another workplace, be more free and experience less stress.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Having corps paying for workers insurance is stifling competition, innovation, public safety and health.

Corps, even though they don´t want to pay for it, have HUUGE leverage over workers who might not find other jobs with health insurance. They will accept whatever the company demands as long as they and their family is covered.

By shifting the burden of healthcare from the private market to the public market, the US would save 6-7% of GDP... EACH YEAR.
And everybody would be insured, for any eventuality, for their life.. and they could start their own business, find another workplace, be more free and experience less stress.
Germany's UHC taxes employers and employees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany As long as all employers are taxed, I don't see the problem.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:06 PM

25,560 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
What is the best US healthcare?
Don't smoke, don't drink to excess. Never use mind altering drugs, exercise regularly.
Get a good education so that you can earn enough money. Work hard at your chosen field, buy insurance that you need and give regularly to charities that provide for those who need assistance through no fault of their own.
Vote for people who will require insurance companies to sell across state lines.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Germany's UHC taxes employers and employees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany As long as all employers are taxed, I don't see the problem.
Canada has similar, an income tax on employees and a payroll tax on employers, but unlike the US your health insurance is not employer dependent.

Employers would prefer a straight 2% payroll tax (Ontario Canada example) and wash their hands of it instead of messing about with managing employee insurance and negotiating rates and terms with insurance companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies