Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:26 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The judge was on Fox News and dropped the bombshell that prosecutors have PROOF that Trump committed a felony:

"...“We’ve learned that federal prosecutors here in New York City, not Bob Mueller and his team in Washington, D.C., career prosecutors here in New York City, have evidence that the president of the United States committed a felony by ordering and paying Michael Cohen to break the law,” the judicial analyst said. “How do we know that? They told that to a federal judge.”

“Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they actually have that hardcoe evidence,” he continued. “Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they intend to do something with that evidence.”..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The walls are closing in.

Ken

And immediately after that program, Andrew McCarthy said Judge Nap was completely wrong about that and laid out an argument to support his view.

Andrew McCarthy BLASTS Judge Napolitano’s Accusations of Trump Campaign Violations : “That’s Not What Happened at All!” (Video)

by Jim Hoft December 12, 2018 439 Comments

Former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York and author Andrew McCarthy joined Lou Dobbs to discuss the latest charges against former Trump attorney Michael Cohen. Cohen was sentenced to three years on Wednesday for crimes discovered after federal prosecutors initiated an investigation on the former Trump ally.cCarthy went off on Judge Andrew Napolitano for his misrepresentation of the law in attacking President Trump.

Andrew McCarthy: What I am saying is it remains to be seen whether this was actually a crime or not even if it happened in the way Cohen did. I was quite surprised just a few minutes ago watching Judge Napolitano on the program right before yours say a federal judge had “ruled” that this is a campaign finance violation. That’s not what happened at all. What happened was the Southern District charged what was very dubiously allegedly an in-kind campaign finance donation and Cohen elected, I think on strategic reasons, to plead guilty to that charge without challenging the underlying question which is a profound legal question about whether it actually is an in-kind contribution or not. The judge never ruled on that… What happened here is the judge accepted the guilty plea but that is not binding on President Trump. So if he was ever charged he would have the opportunity to argue that this is not a campaign contribution. Cohen’s concession on this point is not binding on the president in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 06:27 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And he’s putting all those academic skills to work, huh?
You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a Trump supporter/voter, or even a Republican. I was pointing out the inane nature of that poster's comment, and her motivation.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Another day. 765 to be exact.

Still nothing on Trump. NPCs still can't help themselves.

Tomorrow will be 766. NPCs still mad because MSM told them to be mad.

Right? 766 days of being angry about the 2016 election. It must be exhausting.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:34 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Andrew McCarthy BLASTS Judge Napolitano’s Accusations ....

loved him in "less than zero".

Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
HOW many folks around Trump have been indicted?
HOW many convicted?
HOW many folks around Trump have turned and are now cooperating with Mueller?
Let's see... his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, 3 of his advisors, his good friend Pecker, & his company's chief financial officer. What ONE PERSON do all these folks have in common?

Hmmmm....
I don't think I really have to "tell myself" much of anything.
All I have to do is look at what's been happening and what direction things are going.

Ken
Nothing about Collusion.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:42 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Isn't this at most a campaign violation, with the penalty being a fine?

I think that is what happened to Edwards.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Isn't this at most a campaign violation, with the penalty being a fine?

the amounts took it into felony territory plus the actions to hide the money.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I think that is what happened to Edwards.

edwards did face criminal charges but since the pay-off happened more than a year before the election the jury couldn't agree that the pay-off wouldn't have happened independent of the campaign.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:45 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
“Trump’s ‘Advice of Counsel’ Tweets Trashing Michael Cohen May Have Just Waived Attorney-Client Privilege”

https://twitter.com/JoshABlock/statu...14522742226944

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...ent-privilege/
You would think that he would ask before he shot off his mouth. Maybe Rudy will school him.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You would think that he would ask before he shot off his mouth.

i'm pretty sure that was john kelly's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies