Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/1...-gun-violence/

Quote:
Imagine, though, sometime later you find out that the man who attacked you, who tried to strangle you, was being held up as a victim of “gun violence.” How would you respond?

It’s another attempt to stigmatize gun owners.

After all, if you’re terrified of shooting someone because you’ll be painted as a murderer, regardless of what the police find, then you’re less likely to have the means to kill your attackers.

It’s absolutely disgusting, and they should be ashamed of themselves.
The libs strike again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 05:34 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Gun owners in Kalee are highly likely to be hauled off to jail after an intruder shooting..........the world is upside down......

Old 12-13-2018, 05:52 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
In their world you would call the police? But the police are overwhelmingly Trump Supporters? "The Democrats dilema" call the people you call "Deplorables" to protect you from criminals

Old 12-13-2018, 06:43 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
And From the article:

"Aubrey reportedly suffers from PTSD regarding this incident, and I’m quite sure this isn’t likely to help. It also appears that she’s been fully exonerated by the police, contrary to what the link in the quoted section claims, as she should be.
The thing is, Bruce Jones killed himself. Aubrey Bowlin just carried the bullets for a little while.
What that means is that the moment he made the decision–road rage induced or not–to attack a young woman on the side of the road for whatever reason, he forfeited his life. He essentially committed “suicide by armed citizen.”"

My best friend when he was alive, indicated pretty much the same thing. Carl never woke up with the intention of killing anyone; but if someone came at him or a loved one with intent to kill, then they forfeited their lives.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
This is how all gun-related stories should happen, even school shootings. That is, the attacked person ends shooting the attacker while the attacker is still a threat. Whether or not the shooting of the attacker should be fatal is debatable.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
The State already said it wouldn't prosecute her earlier this year.

And we all know the State doesn't like anyone getting killed unless it can do it itself.

What more do the anti-gunners want?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In their world you would call the police? But the police are overwhelmingly Trump Supporters? "The Democrats dilema" call the people you call "Deplorables" to protect you from criminals
I'm a proud deplorable and there is a gun on every level of my house.

Plus, MrsM and I both carry

Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This is how all gun-related stories should happen, even school shootings. That is, the attacked person ends shooting the attacker while the attacker is still a threat. Whether or not the shooting of the attacker should be fatal is debatable.
Life is not like the movies. You can't shoot a gun out of someone's hand when under pressure.

You keep shooting until the threat is gone.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:13 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

Gotta take care of yourself and your own!

Old 12-13-2018, 11:14 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:

Quote:
Life is not like the movies. You can't shoot a gun out of someone's hand when under pressure.

You keep shooting until the threat is gone.

Several years ago my wife bought me a small gun safe, it would hold 1 maybe 2 hand guns. I wanted to keep that particular safe in the living room. But my wife would not let me keep it there. She said you can put it in another room. I was like, honey I don't need a gun safe in another room, I already have either an existing gun safe, or I already have a gun in my nightstand.

I could use it in the living room, as that was the next room we spent most of our time in. I don't think she liked the look of that safe; so it did not get to stay in the living room.

If I need to get to one in a hurry, I have to just get 25 feet further, and I am good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies