Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Demonizing (as you call it) illegal migration has been a tool of the the politicians since 1965. The media capitalizes on it to sell papers. Brainwashed much?
Found another research paper on it ... much of the same info, little bit different than the other one in previous post of mine.

Why Border Enforcement Backfired
Need money for, so as ... to create jobs in Boarder Security ... create a narrative and get the tax payers on your side ... strategy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I didn't call it that, the article you referenced did. Illegal immigration is not good, that's why it's illegal and there is an active enforcement of the relevant laws. And you aren't for open borders? Lol.
I knew that, its good that your paying attention. Read this again and tell me what else it is that you see ...
Quote:
The rise of illegal migration goes back 1965, when Congress passed amendments to the Immigration and Nationality Act that placed the first-ever numerical limits on immigration from the Western Hemisphere, while at the same time cancelling a longstanding guest worker agreement with Mexico (Massey and Pren 2012a). Subsequent amendments to the Act further tightened numerical limits until by the late 1970s Mexico was placed under a quota of just 20,000 legal resident visas per year and no temporary work visas at all, as compared with 50,000 permanent resident entries and 450,000 temporary work entries in the late 1950s (Massey, Durand, and Malone 2002).

The conditions of labor supply and demand had not changed, however, and network connections between Mexican workers and U.S. employers were well established by the mid-1960s. As a result, once opportunities for legal entry constricted, migration did not stop but simply continued under undocumented auspices (Massey and Pren 2012a).

<snip>
Even legal “permanent residents” at this time tended to circulate back and forth. According to Warren and Kraly (1985), annual out-migration by legal Mexican immigrants averaged about 20% of annual in-migration during the 1970s; and Jasso and Rosenzweig (1982) estimate that 56 percent of legal Mexican immigrants who arrived in 1970 had returned home by 1979.
Also (in reading that) that should answer your question about that open boarder crap people like to spew, when they haven't anything else to work with. However, to answer your question more distinctly ...

I'm for building a nation (out of many, comes one) using the same principles in which it was founded ... Nation Building ... by building a workforce population not of the best of the best ... but from the poorest of the poor and giving them the opportunities to become awesome, like (Telsa) the ones who have come here before them.

What you want and others liken to your ideas, is a declining workforce, less innovation and higher taxes. What the government wants is to control the population (they don't care how hard it is for taxes to get paid or how much they have to charge each individual) thus by controlling the narrative and by programing these ideas into peoples heads. Unfounded ideas that people can't seem to shake.

The reality of what is/has been created will be an adverse fall out. With the decline in birth rates and a decline in workforce, if this trend continues ... 25 years into the future the ripple effect will be felt strongly ... from sea to shining sea.

If people think their lives here and now are difficult, they don't know what difficult is ... migrants coming in who have lived under oppressed governments ... they know difficult and will work towards making it better. Like they always have. Its a numbers game; it has to be played to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 11:14 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Once the world saw that Mexicans were outraged about it they dropped it like a hot potato because it ruins their propaganda.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:29 AM

Default Win some, loose more ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Once the world saw that Mexicans were outraged about it they dropped it like a hot potato because it ruins their propaganda.
This is what happens with propaganda ...

Will Immigration Get Trump Voters to Midterm Polls?

“[Trump] is operating on the premise that being extremely anti-immigration actually won him votes. Our analyses actually suggest just the opposite — that yes, things like trade did win him votes but things like immigration actually did not,” Mutz told VOA. “They lost him votes because he was far too extreme.”

And btw UPI is still carrying the discontent:

Migrant in 2nd caravan killed in Mexico clashes; 3rd group departs

"The first caravan started with more than 7,000 people. That number has been cut nearly in half. Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto encouraged the remaining migrants to stay in Chiapas or Oaxaca, offering shelter, medical attention, school and jobs."

However, only those interested in learning more will know about it.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:43 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Nope. It was your side that was freaking out about the caravan like they were a Herd of Zombies. Our side said it was not a big deal and they should be processed in the system when they got here. Trump spun you guys up at his rallies as well. The media response was to the controversy. That’s all.

We weren't freaking out, for God's sake! Trump took care of it in the way he should have as president. I never heard anyone referring to them as Herd of Zombies either. The point is that never before have we had so many foreigners crashing our border all at once with two or three more caravans coming after the initial one. It's a well known fact that many would have and have tried to enter our country illegally because there was no way to process that many people for asylum in a timely manner. We already have a back log of 750,000 asylum claims to process.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
What you want and others liken to your ideas, is a declining workforce, less innovation and higher taxes.

Actually with a declining workforce you need more innovation and automation which is why we need fewer and fewer uneducated and unskilled workers. Robots are taking the jobs. They don't need healthcare and don't have kids.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
What you want and others liken to your ideas, is a declining workforce, less innovation and higher taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Actually with a declining workforce you need more innovation and automation which is why we need fewer and fewer uneducated and unskilled workers. Robots are taking the jobs. They don't need healthcare and don't have kids.
In other words we don't need more dishwashers, people who live on food stamps, those without a dollar to their name, and/or don't speak English ...
Maybe then you should hold a press conference and tell these people they are not welcome in the u.s.

See I don't get this. You know this. I know you know this. So why put yourself out there to try and sell it any other way? It isn't a good look for people, you know that right?

Like I said, it is a numbers game, but a country has to play it, in order to win. Not playing will bring less innovation (etc), not more. Now it could be that people are actually hoping for a loss for the u.s. Hoping ... the u.s. fails, by opting for less sustainable options for the future of this country. For me when I am looking at this, it is the only logical conclusion I can come up with, because I know people, even though they act it as times, are not stupid.

Tesla ... automation and innovation that has enhanced our future and an immigrant. It just baffles the brain, it really does.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:59 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Melanias approval record is more important

That blue wave turned out to be a blue ripple

Old 12-14-2018, 03:12 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
This is what happens with propaganda
Democracy means rule by propaganda. Which means, rule by the propagandists.

Why are we so mad at the Russians? Because they were trying to propagandize people.

That is the job of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News, not RT. So our propagandists(and their corporate backers) are angry.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:15 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
She didn't die while in the desert, she died while in custody. So yeah it is their fault.
My God that is some stupid logic.
This is why liberal logic is scary.

It is the parents fault for being part of the caravan...there are thousands of kids back home that did not die because they were not taking a hike to the US border to attempt to enter the country illegally. So are we going to credit the US Border Patrol for saving their lives? If not, then you are exposing your own hypocrisy on the subject.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
This is what happens with propaganda ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Democracy means rule by propaganda. Which means, rule by the propagandists.

Why are we so mad at the Russians? Because they were trying to propagandize people.

That is the job of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News, not RT. So our propagandists(and their corporate backers) are angry.
Trump utilized through the media the caravan in order to grow his base. We only knew about the Caravan (dog bites man it isn't news, man bites dog that's news) because of Trump. In the end it had the opposite effect. Because he went to the extreme with it and shot himself in the foot.

Mad about Russia? Propagandizing people?

I'm more up set about people believing that other people are too stupid to have their own mind.

When you see an ad feature something for sale do you feel the need to run out and buy it, so much so that you do?

If the answer to that is no, then you're like me, non susceptible to crack ads.

People show who they are and what they are all about. The possibility of subliminal messaging through the use of media ads, is not going to influence me to see people any other way.

Trump hurts Trump ... propaganda did not do that. Corporations want to sue some body ... they'll make anything up for a dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies