Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Grooming for what? Grooming the children to accept that not everyone is the same? What's the issue? Can anyone here articulate it??? That is, aside from it is mental illness. Thanks!

Sexualizing grade school children. No more need be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 10:28 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you not think there is correlation here? You have three transgenders right now. My kid’s school has at least ten. Could it be kids with some issues being drawn to this because it’s the new “it” thing? This is not normal. Kids are confused, and this only adds to the confusion. I would have no problem with it if parents and doctors weren’t putting these young kids on hormone therapy before they have any real idea if they are actually transgender or not. That’s an adult decision, not something irrevocable being forced on children.
I believe that libraries should be places where people of all ages have the opportunity to seek answers to their questions. I do not believe that not having Jenning's book on the shelf would change the reality that there are at least three transgender teens enrolled at our high school right now.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:28 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
It is pretty darn sad that transgender arguments have been used as just another tool to divide society.

Many people don't care about transgender folks, (don't care = indifferent, have no problems with..), most people care about jobs, insurance, etc, etc.

Using transgender folks (very small percentage of the population) as a tool to divert attention from problems at home is very sad, and super pathetic.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just checked our district catalog because while I have shelved books about transgender issues while working in the library, I didn't recall seeing one by Jazz Jennings. Turns out we have four copies of I Am Jazz, including the version for younger readers featured in the article. I don't have any problem with it at all. It's important that libraries are resources for children exploring their interests and concerns, and transgenderism is something they either have encountered or will encounter during their time in our district. (I am personally aware of at least three transgender teenagers at our high school right now.) Libraries are the perfect place to find answers to their questions.
Sure, you must have a giant waiting list for elementary school children to check out books about transgenderism

Old 12-14-2018, 11:08 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I would HOPE thinking parents do not buy into anything to do with little Kiddies and transgenderism.......this leads to parents doing harmful things to their innocent children. If I had kids and their school was doing this, I would find another school.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is pretty darn sad that transgender arguments have been used as just another tool to divide society.
It enrages religious conservatives and drives them to the polls to vote for GOP politicians.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM

291 posts, read 159,859 times
This sort of indoctrination really needs to end. I will stand up to it if it infiltrates my children's school. Exposing children to radical stuff like this is just confusing. And I really don't have an issue with an adult who desires to transition. But trying to confuse children is so gross, and is exactly the sort of thing that pushed me away from the Democratic party.

FWIW, I would say the same thing about a far right philosophy being taught. It's really simple, teach the alphabet, teach them simple morals (be nice to each other, please/thank you). That's all you need for 6 year olds. Stop trying to pull them to your political leanings.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:42 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
I believe that libraries should be places where people of all ages have the opportunity to seek answers to their questions. I do not believe that not having Jenning's book on the shelf would change the reality that there are at least three transgender teens enrolled at our high school right now.
I don’t care if the book is in a library. This is about the school reading the book to the students in class without notifying the parents. But yes, I do have a problem with the big push of transgenders. The very fact that it’s increased a hundredfold is proof that these kids are confused and many aren’t really transgender, or would not be without this big push.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think thats fair and should necessarily be combined with ending the practice of taxing non-participants in the govt education system.
I'm sure you'll agree
No because only 10.2% of students do and with that stat you likely benefit off of public education since about nine out of every ten workers had a public education. I'm sorry opting out of school taxes due to having a student who went to private school or claiming because you don't have a kid is being a leach and not fair to society.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:59 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
I just checked our district catalog because while I have shelved books about transgender issues while working in the library, I didn't recall seeing one by Jazz Jennings. Turns out we have four copies of I Am Jazz, including the version for younger readers featured in the article. I don't have any problem with it at all. It's important that libraries are resources for children exploring their interests and concerns, and transgenderism is something they either have encountered or will encounter during their time in our district. (I am personally aware of at least three transgender teenagers at our high school right now.) Libraries are the perfect place to find answers to their questions.
The only reason they are "encountering" it is because adults keep pushing it on them. Let the kids be kids. There should be no "gender reassignment" surgery for a child, that's fricken sick and disgusting. People would be up in arms if a child's parents okayed the child to have all over body tattooes, but have them undergo surgery because Suzy is a tomboy, they look the other way cause, "muh diversity".

Kids change their minds all the time, they are not old enough to reason, they are not old enough to fully understand anymore more than "boys/girls have cooties", yet we've got adults out there, pushing this bs on them. Inviting transgender or cross dressing adults into the schools to read them stories - and acting like that's normal.

A child is in school to learn about math, reading, writing, science, and history. They are not in school to have adults push their propaganda onto them and tell them that if boys like playing with dolls or like to cook, well, maybe they're actually girls, or if girls like playing in the dirt and climbing trees, maybe they're actually boys!

Idiots!

It is not the school's place to be teaching them this stuff. This is a very personal issue, and if someone truly believes, once they become an adult, that they are supposed to be the opposite gender, they should be discussing that with their families and/or a therapist.

Leave the kids alone, damnit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies