Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 05:18 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,137,752 times

Advertisements

-Naked, drugged-out guy breaks into his house, starts attacking 11 year-old grandson in the bathtub.
-Homeowner gets gun, shoots and kills intruder.
-Cops respond to reported gunshots, shoot and kill hero grandfather.
-Crooked D.A. "investigates." Finds shooting justified.
-The End.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...y/73-620524248
https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/da-no-ch...med-homeowner/
https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...y/73-620524248

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJRQCrCXV8w

Godspeed, Mr. Black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 05:21 PM

78,951 posts, read 61,137,168 times
4 links including a youtube video? I appreciate your sourcing, truly I do but I don't have the time to wade through all of that.

Which one should we pick that gives solid honest details about the important part of the story where the cop shoots the guy?

Old 12-04-2018, 05:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,595,612 times
I saw the body cam video, there were shots fired inside the house when the officers arrived and that they clearly heard. They knew they were dealing with an active shooter and didn't know who it was.

The shooter, albeit using justified deadly force, ignored commands to drop the weapon and walked out of the room with it in his hand. After just hearing two gunshots, the officer acted accordingly, even though mistakenly.

People who carry handguns and ignore police commands should expect to be shot.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,279 times
Land of the Free!

Old 12-04-2018, 05:33 PM

2,486 posts, read 830,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
-Naked, drugged-out guy breaks into his house, starts attacking 11 year-old grandson in the bathtub.
-Homeowner gets gun, shoots and kills intruder.
-Cops respond to reported gunshots, shoot and kill hero grandfather.
-Crooked D.A. "investigates." Finds shooting justified.
-The End.

Godspeed, Mr. Black.
What about the security guard that was killed last week? He was killed by a cop while the other officers were screaming "he's one of us!"?

Is that blue privilege?

Is it blue privilege when ambush killings of officers are up over 170% this year?

22k US police officers have been killed in the line of duty. That's the same as a large war. 1500 of those were killed in the last decade and the numbers are climbing.

When things are fluid all the cop wants to do is survive.

Crap happens and people make mistakes. I'm sure you're perfect though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I saw the body cam video, there were shots fired inside the house when the officers arrived and that they clearly heard. They knew they were dealing with an active shooter and didn't know who it was.

The shooter, albeit using justified deadly force, ignored commands to drop the weapon and walked out of the room with it in his hand. After just hearing two gunshots, the officer acted accordingly, even though mistakenly.

EXACTLY RIGHT!

Old 12-04-2018, 05:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,447,973 times
Once again we see that involuntary public policing is incompatible with the inherent right to self-defense.

Square pegs into round holes...the Statist paradigm in a nutshell.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,447,973 times
Quote:

Tonight I will break into your home, naked, and try to attack your wife and/or kids as they take a bath.

When the cops show up I want you to follow orders to the letter immediately after you've rightfully killed my evil ass.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
4 links including a youtube video? I appreciate your sourcing, truly I do but I don't have the time to wade through all of that.

Which one should we pick that gives solid honest details about the important part of the story where the cop shoots the guy?
Unlike some people on this board I back my statements with facts.

The links pretty much say the same thing, just in different ways.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:

How very fascist of you. You sound just like a right-winger.

A 73 year-old Vietnam vet who was hard of hearing didn't hear the police commands--IN HIS OWN HOUSE.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:07 PM

27,770 posts, read 16,285,340 times
Clearly its because he was black
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies