Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 06:26 PM

14,179 posts, read 4,539,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I don't recall seeing many pieces on NPR or CNN about the some 4300 illegals that the Border Patrol has saved in the past few years. Funny how that works!
Yeah, but that wouldn’t fit the narrative for the leftist & open border crowd.

CBP BORSTAR (a specialized unit within BP trained in emergency search & rescue + EMT) saves a lot of stranded migrants

Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Yes, I understand, and pretty much agree with this ^^^. My point was that for a baby having the ability to rehydrate through an oral solution is equivalent to handing out a water bottle to an adult. Simple biology. That's all.

What's changing are the numbers of very young arriving at places like Antelope Wells. Nothing wrong with reviewing current procedures. The fact of an investigation (which is already occurring) is not to blame current personnel for doing anything wrong. I read someplace that the border agents go through the trouble of getting car seats for the kids!

The poster you were responding to was playing off the Constitution (only need is to protect the borders). But we already appear to have already crossed the Rubicon of accepting some responsibility for the welfare of these children. The car seats ...

Here, I would not reject an easy to implement, cost-efficient measure like assessing the hydration status of the young with use of rehydration procedures because it was too "red cross like." Plus, doing that is much cheaper than helicopters.
Many online articles say that, There’s a small Border Patrol operating base near where the group was found with food, water and bathrooms.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,366,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Yeah, but that wouldn’t fit the narrative for the leftist & open border crowd.

CBP BORSTAR (a specialized unit within BP trained in emergency search & rescue + EMT) saves a lot of stranded migrants
They are not capable of thinking in normal terms, as they see themselves and everyone else as victims. They have never fully come to realize that people are responsible for their own actions and that our actions have consequences. Bless their hearts.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:31 PM

8,490 posts, read 3,310,354 times
I usually flip through a thread before participating but didn't this time ... now see that electrolytes have already been discussed. At this point, I'm not sure what the point of contention is ...

Quote:
I don't recall seeing many pieces on NPR or CNN about the some 4300 illegals that the Border Patrol has saved in the past few years. Funny how that works!
We already are willing to "save" illegals from their folly (the desert is brutal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, not just anyone can administer IV fluids. That would require a license, at a minimum EMT or LPN. It’s common sense.
Perhaps there will be a review to see if measures better suited to children need to be added ... whatever they may be. I don't know if you have kids, but at some point it is downright easy to pinch their skin to see if it wrinkles then stick some pedialyte in a bottle if it does.

Now if someone doesn't want the US taxpayer to store some pedialyte close to where the border patrol picks folks up saying it's up to the parent to provide it ... well then there's not much left to say.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:32 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, not just anyone can administer IV fluids. That would require a license, at a minimum EMT or LPN. It’s common sense.
And the law.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:33 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,366,230 times
Quote:
I usually flip through a thread before participating but didn't this time ... now see that electrolytes have already been discussed. At this point, I'm not sure what the point of contention is ...

We already are willing to "save" illegals from their folly (the desert is brutal).

Perhaps there will be a review to see if measures better suited to children need to be added ... whatever they may be. I don't know if you have kids, but at some point it is downright easy to pinch their skin to see if it wrinkles then stick some pedialyte in a bottle if it does.

Now if someone doesn't want the US taxpayer to store some pedialyte close to where the border patrol picks folks up saying it's up to the parent to provide it ... well then there's not much left to say.
If we had adequate border security, particularly a wall and did away with the incentives for illegals to come here in the first place, i.e. mandatory e-verification, ending birthright citizenship, stripping illegals from using welfare, etc, tragedies like this would not occur.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:36 PM

14,179 posts, read 4,539,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And the law.
I am more than willing to stick an IV bag in anybody as long as I am not responsible for whatever happens after

Just don’t make me stick a temp gauge in someone’s ass to get their core temp

Old 12-15-2018, 06:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
I usually flip through a thread before participating but didn't this time ......
There's nothing the CBP could do to have changed this.
  • Parents drug kids 2000 miles ending with a long trek through the desert without proper provisions for their kids.
  • When they illegally crossed the border in a very remote location they were captured and process through a border patrol outpost with just 4 people. There were 150 people plus 50 more UA kids.
  • Father signed form saying his kids were OK. They were not.
  • 7 hours later father comes for help for his daughter. Too late, she died.
There is nothing to review.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:37 PM

19,788 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:

I suspect any decent lawyer would advise against non medical personnel practicing medicine.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:37 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,588,189 times
Quote:
We are still awaiting the evidence, but if it turns out to be what we are seeing now, this father should be prosecuted for manslaughter at the very least. I'd rather see him get 1st degree murder and the needle.
agree but a 1 way ticket back home will do, we dont need more future liberals that will also make bad choices.

Perhaps he will try again with another child, you know--Darwinism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.