Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are Diamond & Silk?
Political activists 41 53.25%
Masterful con-artists 36 46.75%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:51 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I say I've listened to these women speak many times, and I'm having trouble with your observation that they are "playing up the worst stereotypes about black women". Nothing about them, especially their politics, meets with this standard. If anything, they've completely broken the mold when it comes to how most people, especially Democrats, think black women in America think/act. Finally, two women of color who are articulating their support for the party which stands opposite of the party your "stereotypical black female" would generally be associated with supporting. Of course, I'm talking about the Democrat party. And your comparison with Ms. Berry in BAPS and these women is honestly pretty offensive. If this OP accomplishes anything, it will be to show just how quickly the left will attack women of color who have dared to step outside of their "stereotypical" role in the political world and support conservative views and values. It seems like Democrats only support minorities who fall in line and keep blindly supporting their party. I can only hope more and more of our black brethren here in the states get a chance to see these women and hear their message. It's high time people of color realize that they don't have to keep voting for the Democrat party out of some sense of tradition or loyalty.
Certainly, they have “broken the mold” with regards to the politics of the majority of black women. That’s their hustle. That’s why Trump fans want to believe these women. That’s why Trump parades them around. (That, and he likes a good minstrel show.) That’s why those fools at Fox are daft enough to have political discussions with these two.

They act exactly like Halle Barry does in BAPS. It’s true, and it makes me cringe. Take it up with them if that offends you.

Otherwise, I salute their hustle. Obviously, they’ve got Trump supporters snowed. I’m glad you’re all in with them, R2M. Here’s their Youtube channel. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TirQU9gTMeI

Last edited by Cali Doll; 12-17-2018 at 02:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 03:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/...35658286915584

I can’t help but think these two are running the biggest con on today’s conservative party/Trump fanbase.

They’ve got so many Trump fans...and Trump himself...promoting them, raising their status. They’re doing this by playing up the worst stereotypes about black women. I feel like I’m watching Halle Berry in BAPS.

I swear, these two go home and laugh at how ridiculously gullible conservatives are these days.

https://theoutline.com/post/6705/dia...=1&zi=rfqo76y4

What say you, C-D P&OC?
These ladies are great, they are non-conformists, and they've told the black establishment to stick it.

Long live D&S !

Old 12-17-2018, 04:06 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why would you be envious of 2 successful black ladies?
Because those ladies left the plantation without the left's permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The democrats are at their finest when demeaning women.
There is the brand they want and the brand they have.
That's sadly true.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ancient history with entirely different political parties. Today, Conservatives love to talk about how "on the plantation" blacks are for not voting for the GOP. And every time they say it they lose more blacks votes.
Actually, it's Blacks, themselves, saying it.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ara0Onmhqlg

Old 12-17-2018, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
More racism on display?
Yes. The left thinks ALL Blacks must think, act, and vote a certain way, of which only they approve. The irony of it all is that they don't recognize how incredibly racist that is.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:34 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,826 times
Quote:
Certainly, they have “broken the mold” with regards to the politics of the majority of black women. That’s their hustle. That’s why Trump fans want to believe these women. That’s why Trump parades them around. (That, and he likes a good minstrel show.) That’s why those fools at Fox are daft enough to have political discussions with these two.

They act exactly like Halle Barry does in BAPS. It’s true, and it makes me cringe. Take it up with them if that offends you.

Otherwise, I salute their hustle. Obviously, they’ve got Trump supporters snowed. I’m glad you’re all in with them, R2M. Here’s their Youtube channel. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TirQU9gTMeI
Okay, I watched some of the video at that link. I still don't see "perpetuating negative stereotypes" of black women, and you haven't explained how you think they're doing that. Maybe in their intro they're making black hand gestures? Speaking too loudly?

Residinghere says their grammar is terrible. Maybe that's it? Yet it's those on the left, when accused of changing their speaking style when talking to blacks, telling us that there's nothing wrong with it and the white politicians are showing camaraderie. Can't be a negative stereotype when whitey says it's okay, right?

For what it's worth, I suspect they play up the extent of their Republican-ism, and think they're probably more the average conservative than actual Republicans. If they can make a buck doing it, good for them.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, it's Blacks, themselves, saying it.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ara0Onmhqlg
That one guy? Mason? I’ve never seen him at our meetings. He’s not speaking for all “blacks.”

Old 12-17-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Quote:
Certainly, they have “broken the mold” with regards to the politics of the majority of black women.
Okay, I watched some of the video at that link. I still don't see "perpetuating negative stereotypes" of black women, and you haven't explained how you think they're doing that. Maybe in their intro they're making black hand gestures? Speaking too loudly?
Good question. I'd like to see exactly what Cali Doll "thinks" are the "negative stereotypes" of Black women. Even more interesting is the framing of that "negative stereotypes of Black women" statement. Looks very much like 'someone' is a prejudiced racist.

Quote:
Residinghere says their grammar is terrible. Maybe that's it? Yet it's those on the left, when accused of changing their speaking style when talking to blacks, telling us that there's nothing wrong with it and the white politicians are showing camaraderie. Can't be a negative stereotype when whitey says it's okay, right?
Another example of the left's racism. Interesting...

Old 12-17-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
That one guy? Mason? I’ve never seen him at our meetings. He’s not speaking for all “blacks.”
Neither do you. Has no one ever told you that?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Neither do you. Has no one ever told you that?
I was going to joke and say I was nominated to speak for all of us blacks, but I wouldn’t.

Mason doesn’t speak for all blacks; neither do I. What’s your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies