Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Fill a high end labeled box with Dog waste and leave it out for the package thieves.
There have been so many news reports of police putting GPS trackers in boxes and "smart" doorbells that some people are having trouble getting their annual "trick" package stolen. Someone at another forum has done this almost 10 years and this year he can't get anyone to steal his package of used cat litter. He has gone as far as leaving the package on top of his car in busy mall parking lots and no one will touch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 12:21 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
If you live in Suffolk County Massachusetts (Boston area) -- it's perfectly OK to steal packages or anything else according to the new District Attorney who takes office on Jan 2.

Theft is fine, shoplifting is fine, walking restaurant tickets is fine ... as long as it's less than $250.
She won't prosecute.
It's a similar deal in Chicago because the jails are full and the court system is already overloaded.

Unfortunately it sends the message that you can pretty much get away with stealing, if it's a small amount.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Old 12-18-2018, 12:59 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And worse, she told everyone!
Well yeah (duh) -- it was a campaign promise and how she got elected.
Gotta put the word out now .... "free get outta jail cards".

I particularly likes Breaking and Entering in any unoccupied house is OK.
IF the house in occupied -- you just tell them you are "cold" and it's OK.

Should give all home owners a warm/fuzzy feeling.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:52 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
I read a neat trick where you save old boxes and put bogus address labels on them... and put old junk in those boxes that you don't want anymore and leave at your front door.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Thanks for the glitter video. I'd heard about it but hadn't had time to look for it.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:46 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I read a neat trick where you save old boxes and put bogus address labels on them... and put old junk in those boxes that you don't want anymore and leave at your front door.
I have a friend who disposes of old, non-working electronic devices, by putting them in boxes that were used to ship other things to him, resealing them and putting them on his front porch. He rarely has to wait more than a couple of days, before they're gone. He once had an old, moldy tent trailer that had cost about $2,000. It was too decayed and stunk too bad to be used again. So he parked it on the street in front of his house and in a week, it was stolen and he collected in full, from his homeowner's insurance. He'd filled it with a bunch of trash, that also went with the thief.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:04 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Why is this thread here? Should't it be in another section of the forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder-where can you buy those "exploding" dye packs the banks plant in the event of a bank robbery?
I'm filling a box with used kitty litter right now after I was finally hit.

What I wanted to ask people here is, if you do that, do you guys fear retribution in any way from the thieves?

I want to do this, but I"m worried that some lunatic will come back and burn my home to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies