Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:43 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
That sounded like justice.

Some known Taliban bomb maker was "released" and he's going to go off and make more bombs that might kill more soldiers?

Soldier went vigilante because liberal BS feelers & "regulations" let the known bomb-maker merrily go on his way.

The Taliban bomb maker already killed two Marines. Somehow, he is the innocent little fragile flower civilian?
Give me a break.

I agree with you. This is total bs. Somebody please fix this stupidity. Who the hell is going to join the military now if the government is allowing this non-sense to go on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 10:03 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What are you talking about? The Taliban never attacked us on 9/11/01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe we should. You are pretty hypocritical though as you support the killing of tens of thousands of innocent people.
Two interesting posts.

Where did I say the Taliban attacked the U.S.? Where did I say I support killing innocent people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This man should be punished by spending a few years in jail but he shouldn't receive the death penalty.
He should get his Silver Star back and the rules of engagement need to be retooled for victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The Taliban bomb maker already killed two Marines. I agree with you. This is total bs. Somebody please fix this stupidity. Who the hell is going to join the military now if the government is allowing this non-sense to go on?
He had already killed the Marines and maybe more importantly was going to finger the tribal leader to the Taliban. It was a guarantee of the man's death and that of his family. The death of the bomb maker was good for everyone.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Two interesting posts.

He should get his Silver Star back and the rules of engagement need to be retooled for victory.

He had already killed the Marines and maybe more importantly was going to finger the tribal leader to the Taliban. It was a guarantee of the man's death and that of his family. The death of the bomb maker was good for everyone.
Yes.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:00 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Two interesting posts.

Where did I say the Taliban attacked the U.S.? Where did I say I support killing innocent people?
You said it.

and the rules of engagement need to be retooled for victory.

Besides, there is NOTHING to win.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:57 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The guy's a hero who eliminated a bomb making scum.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...-politics.html
The problem with Trump is that he thinks he can dicatate the law and even obstruct it.

The reality is slightly different, and there is a reason powers are seperated in respect of the Executive (Government), Legislature (Congress or Parliament), and the Judiciary (Courts).

Most countries seperate the powers of these three branches, and Trump has to respect the powers given to each branch in terms of checks and balances.

Separation of powers - Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

It is unclear what the president meant when he posted the tweet.

However, as Commander in Chief of the US armed forces, any intervention by Mr Trump could count as unlawful command influence, and might mean the case against Maj Golsteyn is thrown out.

A Pentagon spokesperson said on Sunday that the allegations against the major are "a law enforcement matter".

"The Department of Defense will respect the integrity of this process and provide updates when appropriate."

Trump 'to review' Mathew Golsteyn Afghan murder case - BBC News

Old 12-18-2018, 10:13 AM

He should have just followed the orders and kept his mouth shut.

This bomb maker would have killed so many more Marines and maybe their own people too. (bombs kill everybody)

He would have been a war hero and maybe he could have been hired by CIA.

Instead, he chose to kill the bomb maker and God knows how many more people he has saved. He is now a war criminal.

Some F*ed up logic if you ask me.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:59 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He should have just followed the orders and kept his mouth shut.

This bomb maker would have killed so many more Marines and maybe their own people too. (bombs kill everybody)

He would have been a war hero and maybe he could have been hired by CIA.

Instead, he chose to kill the bomb maker and God knows how many more people he has saved. He is now a war criminal.

Some F*ed up logic if you ask me.
The F*ed up logic is being in Afghanistan to begin with. We invade a sovereign nation and then are outraged when they fight back.

What are we still doing there? As pknopp said, there is nothing to win.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The F*ed up logic is being in Afghanistan to begin with. We invade a sovereign nation and then are outraged when they fight back.

What are we still doing there? As pknopp said, there is nothing to win.
I agree, but this soldier's life and career and life is in jeopardy.

So blaming the war is pointless.

Save one person at a time

Old 12-18-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Exactly. Something we all swore to uphold and this guy broke it.

So this guy is the bad guy for killing a bomb maker who already killed two Marines. Think about how many peoples' lives he potentially saved instead. Let's not pretend this savage was a poor little farmer for crying out loud. He was a bomb maker.

It is easier to condemn somebody when you yourself (general term) don't need to make the tough decision.

The guy was a Green Beret and to many, he is the guardian angel.

My first true love has been killed by Taliban savages, and it kills me to hear these Talibans are freedom fighters. *This message is not directed at you by the way* One point they were savage terrorists, next moment, they are freedom fighters? Give me a break!

Look, I don't care what other people think about American soldiers and Marines. To them, soldiers and Marines are intruders, I get that. But you need to expect your government to back you up 100% of the time. They were sent to do a job, and they put their lives on the line everyday to do their job. They should never be treated this way! This guy is a war hero, nothing less.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-18-2018 at 11:22 AM..

Old 12-18-2018, 11:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I think this is just a despicable thing to do to a brave Green Beret who did his job. This country has gone down into the cesspool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies