Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 03:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Next time we elect a President a sense of humor should be part of the job requirement!
Obama's 8 year tenure would qualify as comedy if it wasn't so tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 03:59 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Obama's 8 year tenure would qualify as comedy if it wasn't so tragic.
When Obama was President, he didn't whine like a ***** aboit "testing in court" Fox , Breitbart, etc. whenever they said some BS about birtherism, etc. I guess we know what style you prefer in a leader.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:00 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
I think all these medical dramas on TV should be 'tested in the courts' because after all these years, they still can't get CPR right.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The Trump derangement syndrome is truly on display here on City-Data. Liberalism is a mental disorder. The hate that they radicalized leftist communists have for Trump is astounding. It's fun to see the liberals whine and cry. God bless president Trump. He is doing a fantastic job.
He's doing a decent job.
A+ on border security. He's trying to get at least some of his wall built, but he's being blocked by the establishment. No surprise there. He's deporting people who don't belong here, he stopped the Central American caravan (MOB) without any bloodshed at the gates. Great job.

As for the rest of it --

He got Kavanaugh through the left wing mob. Good job there as well.

He's not taking any of the media's nonsense. A less strong person would have folded up their tent and gone home by now.

The debt keeps ballooning. I thought maybe putting a businessman in charge would have done something to help this situation. Nope - he cut taxes instead, bad idea.

Social security reform?

Anything on healthcare?

Why have the Clinton's not been charged with crimes? He talked about locking her up. Well?

Massive turnover with his staff.

Two years in, it is a mix of good & not so good.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:31 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
He is thin skinned but it's totally true that all the mainstream media outlets besides FOX have a left wing bias. The overwhelming majority of people (around 90%) in the entertainment and news industries are Democrats/liberals/leftists. If you put them all together in their own city, they'd be more liberal than America's most liberal cities like Berkeley or San Francisco. That's no exaggeration.
Of course it's biased, but let's not pretend President Trump has not given them plenty of material to work with.

But as posted above you are totally missing the point. EVERY President gets mocked and made fun of. Imagine if Nixon flew off the handle when David Frye impersonated him. Imagine any other President acting like a child when SNL makes fun of them. It comes with the job description but for some reason this dumb ass hasn't figured that out yet.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
He's doing a decent job.
A+ on border security. He's trying to get at least some of his wall built, but he's being blocked by the establishment. No surprise there. He's deporting people who don't belong here, he stopped the Central American caravan (MOB) without any bloodshed at the gates. Great job.

As for the rest of it --

He got Kavanaugh through the left wing mob. Good job there as well.

He's not taking any of the media's nonsense. A less strong person would have folded up their tent and gone home by now.

The debt keeps ballooning. I thought maybe putting a businessman in charge would have done something to help this situation. Nope - he cut taxes instead, bad idea.

Social security reform?

Anything on healthcare?

Why have the Clinton's not been charged with crimes? He talked about locking her up. Well?

Massive turnover with his staff.

Two years in, it is a mix of good & not so good.
I guess breaking the law is unimportant to you then. If you actually believe President Trump is squeaky clean and has done nothing wrong after Mueller's team pulls back all the curtains you are in for a rude awakening.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I guess breaking the law is unimportant to you then. If you actually believe President Trump is squeaky clean and has done nothing wrong after Mueller's team pulls back all the curtains you are in for a rude awakening.
Obama broke plenty of laws also and no I don't think Trump is squeaky clean.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:05 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Maybe true, and maybe not. Either way, SNL teases everyone. Have you forgotten this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

It's one of the funniest sketches I have ever seen, and I am a liberal.
Good point. It's SNL's job to mock regardless of party. What makes it tolerable for normal people (even non-politicians and other ordinary people) is that they are equal opportunity mockers and - most importantly - they usually do know the limits to what is fair game and not. One comedian (can't remember if she was SNL or not) apparently didn't get the memo, and mocked Donald's son 10 year old son Baron over some kind of condition he had (or maybe allegedly had), and she deservedly got BBQed over her routine. I'm usually left-ish and I assure you she deserved it.

Personally, mockery's not my thing except if it's counter-mocking, reasonable and proportionate to the original mocking. However, Donald brings at least 80% of this mockery of him on himself, especially since he made outrageously callous statements against a whole plethora of people in his campaign, and even continues to do so (although as of late, his focus is more on those who he considers a threat to him). Had Donald not stooped so low, SNL wouldn't mock him any more severely than any other president since they first came on the air.

I will say this though: Donald sets a new standard for hypocrisy - mean-spirited belittling of a lot of people, with his supporters implying they can't take a joke; yet Donald blows up every time somebody calls out his b.s. Classic bully behavior, along with classic fanboy and fangirl behavior.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Obama broke plenty of laws also and no I don't think Trump is squeaky clean.
Ah yes, always revert to Obama or Hillary when the topic is Trump.

If Trump was found to have broken laws, and there are a number of possibilities here outside of conspiracy, what would you say? I'm thinking you won't care and retain support.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:30 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
By the way Baldwin has made a fortune off Trump. I think he wants to make the feud going to make more money.
Baldwin is paid $1400 every time he plays Trump - far from making a fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies