Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 02:59 PM

2,486 posts, read 820,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is why they're such a big political divide in America. Too many people believe the extreme hype about the opposing party.

The outrage machine generates more clicks. More clicks generate more revenue.

The 5% extremists on both sides have wonked it up for the entire country. When dialogue and common ground are lost, the Republic is lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 03:02 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,258,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If Democrats don't want open borders, where is their border security bill? I'd love to see it.
Ok and republicans control or controlled all three branches of government so where is this border security bill????

Old 12-17-2018, 03:04 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,988,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The contaminated streets of our West Coast cities seem to serve as pretty conclusive proof. The losers would rather dream of Malibu than go back to Dubuque and deal with realities.

Junkies have always gone to where weather is milder. This is the case from Vancouver down the entire West Coast and in Florida as well. Has nothing to do with "DU LIB-RALS" like so many dittoheads on this forum are so convinced is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And my original conservative orientation came from a group of emerging campus libertarians during the late Sixties; we read Murray Rothbard and Karl Hess as well as Ayn Rand and William Buckley, and most of our early struggles were to distance ourselves from the deceitful Bible-thumping stereotype peddled by the likes of you,
And it was my late father, and not I myself, who idolized Rush Limbaugh; he can articulate his more-logical points as well as anyone, but he has to preach to his "back-benchers" as well; I'm just not one of them.
Oh, so you are the intellectual wing of the ditto heads. Buckley and Rand..sorry to question your intellectual might.

You might not be thumping a bible but you're thumping standard Limbaugh/Hannity memes about dirty liberal cities and "the takers" and lazy welfare bums, etc. Same old crap.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:07 PM

2,486 posts, read 820,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Ok and republicans control or controlled all three branches of government so where is this border security bill????

Why do people keep saying that? They had a 1 vote majority in the Senate where it takes 60 votes.

They controlled 2 branches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Oh, so you are the intellectual wing of the ditto heads. Buckley and Rand..sorry to question your intellectual might.

You might not be thumping a bible but you're thumping standard Limbaugh/Hannity memes about dirty liberal cities and "the takers" and lazy welfare bums, etc. Same old crap.

You know what, I only read 2nd trick op explaining how he came about being a libertarian.

I only hear you bashing.

To have a rational conversation is to actually discuss different sides of the same topic, not pointing fingers and being angry at people you have never met. THAT is one of the problems with discussing such important topics in a place filled with nameless "ditto heads" in many camps. Everyone runs to their corners waving their fists.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-17-2018 at 03:16 PM..

Old 12-17-2018, 03:07 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,951,479 times
Quote:
This is why they're such a big political divide in America. Too many people believe the extreme hype about the opposing party.

The outrage machine generates more clicks. More clicks generate more revenue.
Time for a 3rd party. The Common Sense Party. With no political affiliation other than common sense.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:06 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,071,750 times
Quote:
If Democrats don't want open borders, where is their border security bill? I'd love to see it.
In 2013, every single Democrat in the Senate voted for the so-called Gang of Eight immigration overhaul bill that would have provided about $40 billion for border enforcement, including deploying thousands more agents and building 700 miles of fencing.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/files...94279efd58.pdf

Old 12-17-2018, 05:41 PM

17,415 posts, read 6,759,835 times
Quote:
In 2013, every single Democrat in the Senate voted for the so-called Gang of Eight immigration overhaul bill that would have provided about $40 billion for border enforcement, including deploying thousands more agents and building 700 miles of fencing.

Trump wasn't President in 2013, unfortunately. It is 2018 and the Democrats are determined to shut down the government unless there is no border security.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times
Quote:
You didn't answer my question, so I don't think you really want a discussion. You just want to paint both sides as equally to blame, when I suspect you know that isn't true.

The Democrats are FAR worse than the Republicans when it comes to demonizing people. We saw that with Judge Kavanaugh, but it's been going on for decades.
You do have a point. The dems are far better at selective memory as well. They demonized Kavanaugh based upon an accusation. They tarred and feathered any woman that accused Bill Clinton and supported Hillary who absolutely slandered Bill's accusers.

The Dems had no issue with Bill Paying women off but somehow Trump is the worst scumbag in the world for doing it.

(Trump is a scumbag but it is debatable if he is the worst.)

The GOP isn't much better with their hypocrisy and name calling. GOP used to be the same as saying conservative. Conservative used to mean frugal spenders, balanced budget minded and compassionate.

The GOP hasn't been frugal, balanced budget minded nor compassionate in 30 years or more. Neither party is.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:54 AM

62,696 posts, read 28,894,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post

We already have a border security bill that passed clear back in 2006. It just wasn't funded nor built according to specs. Trump is trying to get the funding now but the Democrats are fighting him all the way including some sell out Republicans.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:58 AM

62,696 posts, read 28,894,374 times
Quote:

The Republicans wouldn't vote for it because it included amnesty for millions of illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies